Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Preparing for Kabbolas HaTorah
Esther

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Preparing for Kabbolas HaTorah
on: May 1, 2013, 1:55 PM

Hi everyone! Lately I've been thinking about how I am preparing for my personal Kabbolas HaTorah, and I'm having a hard time. I feel like life is so busy, between work, family, and dating, that I haven't given Torah learning much thought lately. I'm lucky if I can concentrate enough during davening, let alone find the time during the day to learn something. I feel really bad about this. Any advice?

laykay

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Preparing for Kabbolas HaTorah
on: May 1, 2013, 2:08 PM

It's definitely worth it to learn something on a daily basis! Maybe start a daily chavrusa with a friend or family member just for 20 minutes a night and If u don't have enough time for that then u could do a lesson a day chofetz Chaim - there are small pamphlets that u can brig with u or a small book and u can read a Halacha during ur commute to work. U can sign up for emails of Ben olam haba that will come to ur phone - it's a Halacha every day! I try to do all of the above but I don't do all every day I like to rotate so it doesn't get monotonous! I am actually in middle of a Sefer on tefila and I jus learned that tefilla is the most impt way to connect to hashem and learning without tefila will not accomplish anything... Maybe just give yourself and extra 10 minutes for shacharis so u can focus more during shmoneh Esrei....

Liba

Dater

Send Message
on: May 1, 2013, 3:00 PM

I always feel so left out on Shavous. Anyone else feel that way?

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 1, 2013, 3:53 PM

Liba: no. I like to get some sleep.

Why would you feel left out? Stay up and learn! Or say Tehillim (some ppl have the minhag to say the whole sefer bec it's Dovid Hamelech's yartzeit.)

Esther

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 1, 2013, 9:19 PM

Thanks laykay. what's the halacha a day that you were talking about? It sounds interesting.

laykay

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 1, 2013, 10:44 PM

email them at halachafortoday@gmail.com - its called ben olam haba. they go through all different topics including shabbos, sefira etc. ...now they are actually in middle of halachos pertaining to women. today's halacha was that it is permissable for a women to undergo plastic surgery for the sake of finding a shidduch 🙂 sometimes the halachos pertain more to men. i think you can just email them and ask them how you can sign up for the daily emails. you can read it in a minute and its interesting. and if you scroll down in the email there is a question and answer corner where anyone can ask anything on any topic and they asnwer it. today was about davening to get someone elses zivug. and how you are not supposed to ever daven to marry a specific person but you should rather have in mind that you should marry the right person for you.... let me know what you think! hatzlacha!

yitti

Dater

Send Message
on: May 4, 2013, 4:18 PM

Esther, Shevuos is a hard Yuntif to be single but is it easier when your married? Maybe it will be because we will be the ones in the kitchen cooking and our husbands will be the ones learning but is that really so? We can say then too that we are way to busy with kids and life in general. I think that we need to realize that the Torah is ours too and we show it in a more quite way, perhaps going to shul and davening with more kavannah, doing an extra chesssed, reading up on Rus and understanding her true devotion to Klal Yisroel or maybe even just adding a little bit of Gashmius by making a really delicious cheesecake. If we try and make an effort I am sure the rest will come our way.

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 16, 2014, 2:44 PM

Daily halacha e-mail is great if you will actually open and read it...my brother unsubscribed because he found that he just wasn't reading it and it was cluttering up his inbox. I subscribe to the daily halacha text because it's so short and only takes a minute to read, so I always do read it. Let me know if you want the number 🙂

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 7:14 PM

also on Torahanytime.com R' SZ Bregman has a series called short and sweet- and that's just what those speeches are! not longer than 10 minutes, and abt a bunch of different random topics! i really like his speeches he's very dynamic. you can also send him questions that he'll answer in an upcoming speech. he says how to do that at the end of most all of his speeches.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.079 seconds.