Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shaloch Manos
heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Shaloch Manos
on: February 12, 2013, 5:01 PM

as a single girl i find it hard to know what to give? make a big deal with themes & stuff etc. or just give 1 person 2 different types of foods just to be yoitzei.

what do you?

any good ideas or tips?

TYIA

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Shaloch Manos
on: February 12, 2013, 5:46 PM

I give just one or two people something I think they will appreciate, and then I say "I'm single; I don't care; I have an excuse and I'm taking it."

I used to like to bring my brother and sister in law breakfast from the bagel store, and then babysit while my sister in law hears megilla.

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 7:08 PM

seriously depends on the year and how many friends you expect...
last year 2 married friends came by and 2 single friends
other years i went to a few people while other years my campers came and suprised me
at this point i usually prepare between 3-4 m'shloach manos and have in mind and put aside "recycled" (someone elses we received) for any other suprises. I found the years i didnt put any effort in i had nothing exciting to look forward to but then there were yrs i put effort into them and was "depressed" that one friend came and i had to walk o ver to another.
this yr i decided on a cute theme 2-3 minim that will make me excited for purim, and prob only 3-4 and anyone who may suprise me will get recycled
Good luck

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 8:48 PM

Quote from feigy123 on February 12, 2013, 5:46 PM
"I'm single; I don't care; I have an excuse and I'm taking it."

What does being single have to do with not making an effort to make cute mishloach manos? It's the one mitzvah on Purim (aside from maybe megillah) that you can really invest in and feel like you're actually "doing" Purim.

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 9:07 PM

i make cute mishloach manos for my students and then for two "special" girls my age and then spend the whole day running around driving all my siblings to their friends' houses and bringing my family's shaloch manos!

InShidduch-
imFollower

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 13, 2013, 8:09 AM

Purim can be fun, regardless If you're single or not... Just make the 3-4 mishloach manos in case, and enjoy the day! It's such a yom tefilla for one, and we all single girls chose to harp on how much we hate Purim. (including myself, lol) but really, it's one of our biggest opportunities!!! Let's try and use it!!! K, now I'm gonna try and take my own mussar:)

cool nerd

Dater

Send Message
on: February 13, 2013, 11:55 AM

I don't have the time to come up with a theme or anything but I still love purim. I don't see the connection between mishloach manos and happiness.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 13, 2013, 2:02 PM

I had an idea last year that is fairly easy, cheap, and therefore can be used to make for a lot of people... I always give to a lot of people and had a hard time carrying bulky things. So I made my shaloch manos look like a sandwich - I took rectangular shaped nosh that everyone likes (brownie bars, chocolate bars, wafer rolls, cookies lined up) and wrapped it up in silver foil with a little note with bitayavon on it. I put a bunch in a knapsack and made my rounds. People got a major kick out of it (I also wore a school uniform, though I wouldn't do that again), and my friends really enjoyed. (One friend thought I was giving out real sandwiches, and called me up later to say thank you again when she found the chocolate!) You only need to put in two or three things to make it look nice, and good chocolates usually go on sale Purim time.

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 2:06 AM

ha!!! creative 😀 i dont even have my school uniforms anymore!

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 10:30 AM

borrow! esp from a different school
i did that one yr it was fun!!

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 5:31 PM

really?! you sure? i cant have pple thinking im weird or gutsy!! especially in this CRAZY shidduch stage!

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 8:02 PM

I did it before I was really in shidduchim... I don't know if I would do the dressing up again

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 18, 2013, 9:31 AM

i have the same problem- purim is not for singles! i dont want to dress up now because most girls don't- and i cant afford to be "labeled" now...but i'm looking forward to doing so once i am married!! i know it sounds ridiculous...

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 18, 2013, 9:35 AM

It's not... my aunt got married in her mid-forties and dressed up after that...

cool nerd

Dater

Send Message
on: February 18, 2013, 11:42 AM

That's funny dance4ever. I hate dressing up but it would be weird if I didn't cuz my whole family does, including my parents. Everyone in my community dresses up.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.085 seconds.