Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mishenichnas Adar marbim bshimcha HELP!
bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Mishenichnas Adar marbim bshimcha HELP!
on: February 10, 2013, 6:02 PM

so norm i LOVE purim adar in gen...i def used purim for a time of intense tefillah but as the years keep increasing of knowing the power of tefillah on purim ..i know Hashem always uses our Tefillah but ...to put it simply uhhh i'm kind of not looking forward to purim...another purim single....(well there is time before to be busy iy"H)
any ideas...besides for listening to rabbi posnik which btw is amazing u should all listen...
thanks 4 listening
๐Ÿ™

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Mishenichnas Adar marbim bshimcha HELP!
on: February 10, 2013, 10:18 PM

It's hard, and it's frustrating year after year to know that Purim has lots of spiritual potential and koach hatefilla, to daven a lot, and not see fruits of your labor.

First of all, Adar is actually an awesome time to tap into these feelings, because that's really what the whole Purim story is about. The question is what is this simcha that we're supposed to be feeling during Adar? To quote a summary of a shuir by Rabbi Wallerstein, "It's the happiness that comes from the realization that what looks dark and dreary, is really light - and something positive will come out of it. It is not natural happiness; it is supernatural happiness. It is the pain and struggle that we go through that gives us the ability to grow and achieve. Estherโ€™s struggle, as hard as it was for her, was what saved Klal Yisroel in the end."

Also, I heard a true story about a girl who was in shidduchim who heard that it was a segula to say the whole sefer tehillim on Purim. She stayed up really late Purim night saying tehillim, and nothing. She waited the whole year certain she was going to get engaged and she didn't. The next year, on taanis esther her uncle called her and said, "You know, it's a segula for a yeshua to say the whole sefer tehillim on Purim..." She just wanted to hang up on him and go to sleep early instead of staying up saying tehillim, because it hadn't worked for her last year. But, she decided to try again. She said the whole tehillim Purim night, and she didn't get engaged that year. A year later, it's Purim and she's not really in the mood to say the whole tehillim, let alone daven at all, because it hadn't really gotten her far. Against this judgement though, she pushed herself and said the whole sefer tehillim. That year she met her chosson. And so, the next Purim, she was happily married, and her husband said to her, "You know, Purim holds a special significance for us." She was a little confused because she didn't think he knew about the 3 consecutive Purims that she had stayed up really late saying the entire sefer tehillim. When she asked him what he meant he said, "Well, three years ago I was kind of goofing around, wasting time, not really doing what I should be. On Purim though, I had this inexplicable strength to buckle down and really learn. It lasted me until Shavuos, but after that I kind of just lost it. But the next Purim, again I felt this added strength and I was able to really focus on my learning. This time it lasted me all the way until Sukkos. Last Purim, I again was able to pick up this strength and learn like I really wanted to, and I'm learning like that until now. It's Purim that brought us together. If it weren't for the realizations that I had and strength I was able to tap into on Purim, I wouldn't be who I am today and we wouldn't be married."

Moral of the story, you never know what your tefillos are doing. It may look like they're "not working," but we can't see everything. Maybe it's just one more tefilla that needs to be said in order to bring your yeshua!

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 10, 2013, 10:48 PM

wow! wow! wow! thinkingBYgirl-that's really a powerful story!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! just gave me a lot of chizzuk to really tap into the koach of purim! (not necessarily am i commiting to say the whole tehillim but...)
do you mind if i copy and paste this story and send it to my friend?

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 11, 2013, 12:30 AM

amazing!! thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

PS inshidduchim613, please tell your friend just to join inshidduchim. im loving it and my 2 friends just signed on today. gluck!!

Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 11, 2013, 7:24 PM

Wow I didn't really get the story the first time I read it. But then it hit me like a ton of bricks.
Thanks

gold

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 11, 2013, 8:39 PM

Wow, what a powerful story-gives a lot of chizuk..

sara hi

Dater

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 1:26 PM

Hi, I'm new!
It's such a powerful story, b/c i feel the same way, what's the point, i tried to say the whole tehillim last year? even if i know in my head that tefillah doesn't go to waste, i don't always feel that but that story is a real chizuk!
thanks! daven well, ๐Ÿ™‚
i think the segulah that i heard is that if you say the whole tehillim between the two megillah readings, it's a big segulah to find your zivug soon after (within the year maybe?)

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 4:40 PM

...and now the couple says tehillim together the entire night of Purim!

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 7:01 PM

Truthfully i heard this story a number of years ago when i was in 10th grade....many purims have passed siince that story... yes my perspective of purim def is diff b/c i went through many purims of davening and truthfully thats has been my focus.....perhaps i should really finish all of tehillim cuz no matter wat its still so powerful
ps any other ideas?

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 5, 2014, 9:18 AM

Can definately relate!

dschecht13

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 7, 2014, 3:36 AM

Bitachon: I had to really think about what to reply to you, because I think that we all understand how you feel. I saw this idea in an article about a new Purim video.
Maybe it will help you.
"Just like G-d's name isn't mentioned in the Megilla, but his presence can be felt throughout the story of Purim, so too, G-d continues to be with us today, every day of our lives.

What does that mean, it means that no matter how much we daven, only G_d knows when the time is right for our prayers to be answered, but he hasn't abandoned us. May your tefillas be fulfilled very soon!

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 7, 2014, 8:33 AM

wait, revisiting this tehillim on purim thing. Is it davka at night/between the megillah readings, or just at some point on purim
(there's also a very big idea to daven vaskin on purim, so that limits the time between the megillah readings more )

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 14, 2014, 10:23 AM

Bump what sem613 said. Anyone know? I want to do this- but I don't know if I have enough time. Maybe I will start on Shabbos and cont motzei shab.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.123 seconds.