Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drinking on Purim
Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Drinking on Purim
on: February 25, 2013, 3:45 PM

So who's going to let their future husband drink?
My sister in law absolutely hates it! My sister loves it. Just wondering what the general consensus is.

cool nerd

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: Drinking on Purim
on: February 25, 2013, 7:46 PM

I don't see the beauty in blacked-out drunk. I've seen some of the ugliest things done by people I used to respect. Needless to say, the respect ended that day. I do think that being a little tipsy can be cute at times.
Whichever way, I wouldn't let my husband drink if I was relying on him to drive me anywhere.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 25, 2013, 10:29 PM

I'll let him drink. Once we start with "letting" and "not letting" one another do things, I don't know if I'll like what he doesn't let me do.
In a marriage, you should each be taking one another's needs into account. If it bothers you that he drinks, you should tell him. If he really wants to do it, he should tell you that also.

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 25, 2013, 10:35 PM

i agree feigy 123!! u said it perfectly!!

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 25, 2013, 10:47 PM

except that when they drink too much- you end up with vomit all over the carpet and broken furniture- getting high is ok- they can be funny and cute...but once it goes further its just plain gross

boroparker

Dater

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 1:57 AM

I think purim is the only time im ok with someone drinking ...

Sari

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 27, 2013, 9:38 PM

My best friend told her husband before they got engaged that she hates drinking and finds it disgusting. This is a true story the first year they were married he got really drunk :x. They are still married. I Hope they work everything out 😕

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: March 3, 2013, 7:12 PM

Sari - I hope so too! He got drunk eery day or just pruim?

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 16, 2014, 3:07 PM

I don't mind alcohol in moderation. In fact, I enjoy it occasionally myself. Therefore I don't mind a husband who drinks. If I did, I would tell the shadchan to only set me up with teetotalers (it's a cool word-- look it up!)

Everything-
bashert

Dater

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 5:20 AM

Purim is the only day i would let him drink,
Because its a bad habbit.
I saw much things people made when they are drunken .
I have always discussions with friends what's more bad "smoking" or "drinking"
In my opp. Is drinking awful bec you become out of control and the wife can become insulted. I heard someone got divorced bec husband was purim drunken and totally insulted his father-in-law.,.,
Sad ending, 🙁
But i never heard someone got divorced bec' husband was smoking;-)

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 7:43 AM

I grew up with all the men around me drunk on purim, and spewing more and more torah (although I have to be careful to figure out if my brother is talking real torah or just purim torah) and so careful about it, not davening until after a nap etc etc. so to me it a beautiful thing, and I would be totally ok with my husband doing it
I actually have 1 brother who hated getting drunk until his wife started encouraging it because to her it was also a beautiful thing
it needs to be a really great guy to be a good drunk, as they say, the inside of a man comes out when hes drunk.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 5:17 PM

so i don't want my husband getting totally drunk...a little high/tipsy is ok (it could be cute like someone said b4!). but everythingbashert, i must disagree with something you said. u wrote that that story (where they ended up getting divorced) is sad, because the guy wasn't being himself when he was drunk. Chazal say the total opposite. You learn who a person truly is if you check him out "bkis'o, bkoso, u'v'kaaso"- kiso meaning his pockets, meaning how he deals with his money. bkoso means when he is drinking. because when someone is drinking, that's bdavka when what's really inside his head comes out. cuz who you are inside is truly who you are. i have seen lots of men in the past who were totally drunk- some were screaming Torah and I love Hashem and stuff like that- dancing with true simcha. it's amazing cuz that's really who they are, so much so that it shows when they are drunk. But then it goes the other way too. if someone is cursing or insulting ppl or stuff like that, i'd venture to say that's what chazal is saying...that's who the guy really is. just some food for thought.

Everything-
bashert

Dater

Send Message
on: March 3, 2014, 11:40 PM

chaykie,
you have a point, didnt think so deep...
i changed it

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.106 seconds.