Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe Your Job (or degree)
mrswannabe

Dater

Send Message
Post Describe Your Job (or degree)
on: August 22, 2013, 5:24 PM

What do you do? What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

Esther

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Describe Your Job (or degree)
on: August 22, 2013, 10:27 PM

I teach. It's fulfilling, I'm around people, and I get vacations and summer breaks. Dislikes: It's tough dealing with people and their emotions and sensitivities all the time. One thing I may say (or not say) can hurt or mean a lot to a child. I find this part of the job too overwhelming sometimes.
I'd love to hear about what other people do!!!

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: August 22, 2013, 10:33 PM

hey esther, im an assistant, so i totally know what you mean, cuz i deal with the parents and kids and preschool coordinators and principals a lot...plus sides are the feeling of fullfilment, the vacations like you said, being around ppl, and i don't have to do any of the preparation work 🙂 i mean, don't worry, i offer to help with preps, but it's def not my main concern! and since i'm already in the school, if a teacher can't come suddenly one day, they put me in to that class and i get paid more 🙂 so lots of pluses!

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 23, 2013, 11:33 AM

I'm a web designer/graphics artist/photographer and I love my job BH. I've been at my job for 7 years and the part I like best is that it keeps changing. At first I only did small stuff, then I advanced and got assigned bigger projects, and now I'm officially the "art manager" (I have another person who helps me). I dislike the fact that since it's a non-school job, I never get the school-style vacations like before Pesach, Chol Hamoed, summers, Chanukah, etc. I work basically every day of the year except Shabbos and Sunday, and Yomim Tovim (I do have to work Chol Hamoeds though).

My second job is a small one: I teach graphics once a week (well now the school year is over and I'm not sure it will work out again for the upcoming year) to 12th graders. I LOVE this job!! It was a once-a-week thing and I barely had to prepare since it was knowledge that I use every day anyway at my fulltime job.

hope

Dater

Send Message
on: March 31, 2016, 8:02 PM

Hi PURPLE PRINCESS.

Im looking to get into field of graphics and web design. I know adobe programs and web design. If you know of any openings or any advice, can you somehow get in touch with me?

Thanks TONS

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.