Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teaching 4th, 5th, or 6th
GoodQuesti-
on

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Teaching 4th, 5th, or 6th
on: August 29, 2013, 9:13 PM

Hi,
Does anyone here teach 4th, 5th, or 6th grade limudei kodesh? I am a new teacher, and I was wondering how I should go about teaching pesukim. Do I explain the pasuk first, then read it, and then call on someone else to read? Should I write it on the board? Should the whole class just read it out loud together?
Any suggestions are welcome! Even if you aren't a teacher and remember what you did in those grades, please let me know!
Thanks so much!!

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Teaching 4th, 5th, or 6th
on: August 29, 2013, 10:02 PM

I'll ask my sister - she's going into 6th -
she said she thinks that the teacher read it out loud, with the teitch - you know, vayomer, and he said, etc, and then the class would read it out loud together. But she said diff teachers do it differently.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: August 29, 2013, 10:29 PM

yeah there's so many diff methods! i had a teacher (older grade) who would write a pasuk on the board and then she would say "every single pasuk in the Torah has so many questions you can ask about it. look at this pasuk, and ask questions!" and we'd think of like 12 questions on the pasuk, and she'd explain the answers to each question showing us the meforshim inside that had the answers. it was really cool seeing (or rather, getting a glimpse) of how deep the Torah really is.

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: December 31, 2013, 10:34 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I'm going to comment anyway.
from my memory of those 3 years, each of them was very very different as the teachers worked to move us from the "teitching" method that life123 described to the more biyun method chaykie described.
so in 4th we did teitch with the teacher drawing us to ceratin words to ask questions on.
in 5th we didnt teitch outloud at first, but the teacher gave out sheets with some of the teitch written, and some with a source (generally rashi or onkulos or a related shoresh) for us to figure out what the teitch should be, and then we teitched it.
in 6th we stopped teitching, and rather read the pasuk, translated it, asked questions, looked into meforshim

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.