Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kiruv
market

Dater

Send Message
Post Kiruv
on: September 12, 2013, 12:31 PM

So he says that he worked in a Kiruv camp but had nothing to do with the Kiruv part of it. It that a usual case of a counselor in a Kiruv camp? I guess just to do activities. I don't get it.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Kiruv
on: September 12, 2013, 2:18 PM

You're right - I think he was probably an activities counselor. Maybe for the stables/animals (if it was oorah), sports, the gaming, learning program etc.? They don't have to do any "kiruv" or work with the boys. They just deal with their particular job. Nothing wrong with that...it's a lot of fun 😉

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 15, 2013, 11:26 PM

if its oorah then kiruv is not a direct part of the job.the main goal of oorah is to allow the kids to have a great time & forget abt everything else.b/c a lot of these kids have a hard time @home.& another part is counselors being there for the children...if u have motre q.let me know

far rock-
gal

Dater

Send Message
on: September 16, 2013, 3:54 PM

So i was a counselor one year in oorahs girlzone. Its not direct kiruv. Lile gayil said oorahs main focus is that the kids have a good time. But it all depends on the person and your campers for the amount of kiruv u do. Some of my campers were there for "kiruv" and some were just there to have a fun summer.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.086 seconds.