Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guys who watch the superbowl
feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Guys who watch the superbowl

What do you think of that? Let's say he's in a big brand name yeshiva, and he watches the superbowl (during seder no less).

How weird is that? Does that make him much different than a guy who doesn't?

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Guys who watch the superbowl

i think it depends where and with whom he watches it? i know that sounds funny but is he with family or a bunch a guys? My friend said no to a guy because he watches it at a bar with friends.Get all the info. together before judging. PS great topic to discuss with my date tomorrow night!! thanks 🙂

Esther

Dating Maven

Send Message

You sound way too excited about this 11th date. Good luck but tone it down a little - some of us are waiting our hearts out! 😐

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

Thanks Esther 🙂 maybe it's a good sign.... idk!

Miriam

Dating Maven

Send Message

A yeshiva boy should not be sitting down to watch the superbowl..where do you think his head is tomorrow when he is in Yeshiva..or I should say more like he is physically in Yeshiva but his mind is elsewhere? No, staying up all night to watch it is not for a ben Torah. He can't learn like a mensch the next day but he obviously decides that watching the superbowl is more important. Those are just my feelings...

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message

I think it was over by like 10:30, if staying up all night is what you are concerned about.

Miriam

Dating Maven

Send Message

Your right..so what happens with night seder? They just skip it? I'm just not into it..that's all.

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

last night i ran into my cousins house to borrow something. i saw bochrim there watching it. normal guys. chillng and enjoying. idk what i think.

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 18, 2013, 1:11 AM

The Super Bowl only happens once a year. Guys who watch the Super Bowl but don't watch/follow the regular season or playoffs aren't really watching the Super Bowl because they're into football. It's a social event, a "guy thing", and it's harmless.

batsheva60-

Dater

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 1:34 PM

Sorry about the double post computer problems

batsheva60-

Dater

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 1:35 PM

I once dated a guy who was super into sports and it really bothered me because I think it is a major source of bittul zman and bittul torah but if a guy just watches one game a year (like the superbowl) than its not really something to worry about like what bibliophile02 said

batsheva60-

Dater

Send Message
on: February 17, 2014, 1:35 PM

I once dated a guy who was super into sports and it really bothered me because I think it is a major source of bittul zman and bittul torah but if a guy just watches one game a year (like the superbowl) than its not really something to worry about like what bibliophile02 said

malkyg

Dater

Send Message
on: April 1, 2014, 8:29 AM

I think everyone needs some sort of an outlet, outside of working or learning. I wouldn't see anything wrong with a guy watching a football game on Sundays, honestly. It could be something that a father and son bond over, potentially. As long as it doesn't prevent him from being a good husband, or davening or learning, I think it's fine.

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 1, 2014, 11:00 AM

I sorta agree with malkyg. I think there are those incredible people for whom Torah is their outlet, but those are a minority. I had a funny conversation about this with my brother, who is one of those people, recently. He asked if I would be ok with someone who kept up with sports, not watching necessarily if the timing didn't work, just finding out the scores. And he was shocked when I said I was ok with it, because to him, thats not "yeshivish".

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.