Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lists
Liba

Dater

Send Message
Post Lists
on: February 27, 2013, 9:52 PM

I see a lot of people talking about lists of Shadchanim. Does anyone have such lists that they can post?

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Lists
on: February 28, 2013, 1:28 AM

Idk how updated or legit this list is, but I recently bumped into this:

http://www.angelfire.com/pop/weazel/singles/shadchanim.html?vm=r

Liba

Dater

Send Message
on: February 28, 2013, 8:24 PM

Wow thanks that really is a thorough list. I feel kind of funny just going down a list. Does anyone have any experience with this?

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 28, 2013, 8:42 PM

Network. I find that always works the best. You need to find someone who knows the shadchan to give you an "in." Even if it's a coworker's friend's mother, that works. That way either they can call the shadchan and ask if they'd be willing to meet you, or you can call the shadchan and say, "hey, I got your name from so-and-so, when would I be able to meet you?" Good luck!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: March 3, 2013, 6:57 PM

Networking is best.

lukshenkug-
el

Dater

Send Message
on: March 3, 2013, 10:14 PM

I would not contact any of these shadchanim unless you confirm with someone that they are definitely shadchanim. I don't know where they get all these names from but I see the names of the shadchanim in my city and I know that half of them are not shadchanim and it would be really random to call them!
Good luck!

Cherry

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 4, 2013, 1:43 AM

So can u and whoever else that knows of these pple that do not belong on the list should say so then we can modify a list for the site.

Tanta B

Dater

Send Message
on: April 15, 2013, 3:04 PM

Yes cherry that's a good idea, we can use that as an outline and then everybody can give their input.

Tanta B

Dater

Send Message
on: April 15, 2013, 3:19 PM

Okay, I reviewed the list but based on my extensive knowledge (unfortunately as being an older single) I do not think this site is even good as an outline. The people listed in my city at least are way off. I know all of them..the big shadchanim that should be listed are not listed! Let's do our own thing. I think that we can really be successful if we each choose a city that we really have a connection to. It could be our hometown or perhaps the city which we now live in. Perhaps the city that our grandparents live, or our best friend from sem where we have spent a lot time. ect. You get the idea. Names are great but numbers would be even better..go for it!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.