Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where to date?
2funny

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Where to date?
on: October 19, 2014, 10:13 AM

Hi everyone. I started dating someone for a couple of times already and the only thing that we have been doing is going out for dinner or sitting in a hotel lounge. We plan to continue dating for a bit more to see where this goes but we have never been so far into a shidduch before. We are all out of ideas and it becomes a bit embarrassing when we don't know what to do on our date.

He suggested going bowling, boating, kayaking, etc. but I don't think I feel really comfortable hanging out with a guy like that. I only talk to boys when on a shidduch and this is a little out of my comfort zone.

What do you do on date number 7,8,9...? Are his suggestions okay, even if you might be seen by other people you know?

gold

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Where to date?
on: October 19, 2014, 2:18 PM

I think its very important to get a change of scenery and do something a bit different so that you get to see a different side of him (fun side). I would suggest: painting pottery, arcades/air hockey...I dont know where you live and what the weather is like right now-but if its not too cold, try a nice park..by the water. also regarding bowling: many yeshivish boys are totally okay going bowling-thing is you would wanna find a nice quiet and appropriate alley (warning: Lucky Strike has tv screens at the end of each lane). Good Luck!

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 19, 2014, 4:02 PM

I second parks. I had many good dates just walking around a nice big park, preferably just out of the Jewish community wherever you live so you don't bump into evveryone you know.
Also minigolf is good cuz its easy to talk while you play, pottery/glassworks.
if you are into it, barnes and noble is a great place to learn about people.
museums/aquariums/ zoos

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: October 20, 2014, 2:12 AM

go to barnes and noble and buy a game- or the guy can bring a game I've heard both ways are acceptable (I think some yeshivas even have a gemach). this way you have a more fun date and you get to see different sides of each other/ competetive or laid back etc. i played spot it on a date and i love games and it just was really fun and chilled out!
Hope it goes well!! and hope we hear good news! 🙂

eyeroller9-

Dater

Send Message
on: October 21, 2014, 11:37 PM

There's no reason to be uncomfortable actually doing some thing of substance on a date , especially 6th 7th and 8th! You have to experience normal things together, there's nothing to be inhibited about, you're trying to bond, hopefully over something other than diet coke. If you would go with your friend, why not with a potential husband. Hopefully you will do those things one day. So start now.

just pray

Dater

Send Message
on: October 23, 2014, 9:58 AM

Quote from eyeroller90 on October 21, 2014, 11:37 PM
There's no reason to be uncomfortable actually doing some thing of substance on a date , especially 6th 7th and 8th! You have to experience normal things together, there's nothing to be inhibited about, you're trying to bond, hopefully over something other than diet coke. If you would go with your friend, why not with a potential husband. Hopefully you will do those things one day. So start now.

hmm what do you mean by things of substance?

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: October 23, 2014, 10:59 AM

she means an activity vs sitting in a lobby and talking

just pray

Dater

Send Message
on: October 23, 2014, 11:10 AM

Quote from girlwithadream on October 20, 2014, 2:12 AM
go to barnes and noble and buy a game- or the guy can bring a game I've heard both ways are acceptable (I think some yeshivas even have a gemach))

How does it work with playing a game? I've never done it, it sounds sooo awkward! Don't people give you funny looks?

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: October 23, 2014, 8:18 PM

If you play perpetual commotion you would probably get looks 😉
I did it once it was actually really fun because my whole family is really competitive and into games so it was right up my alley. We went to the starbucks in barnes and nobles so thats already more off to the side. we played spot it so thats not such a loud game and I don't think people noticed us.
What I was more concerned about was seeing people I know because it was near my town- and I did see my neighbor 🙂

girlwithad-
ream

Dater

Send Message
on: October 23, 2014, 8:19 PM

@2funny- I wanna hear what you guys did, and i hope its going well!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.101 seconds.