Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fun Date?
Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Fun Date?
on: March 14, 2013, 3:35 PM

Hi everyone! So I'm dating this guy and the shadchan suggested we do something fun. Since it's my home town we are going out in I volunteered to plan the date. My question to all my "inshidduchim friends" is, what is a good "fun date"? I don't feel so comfortable with bowling what's left? Indoor and outdoor ideas are welcome since I don't know what the weather will be like.
Thanks!

d-e1-9

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: Fun Date?
on: March 14, 2013, 8:51 PM

What about a place like Amazing Glaze or Hot Pots. It is a nice relaxing place to talk while your hands are busy.

Princess10-

Dater

Send Message
on: March 14, 2013, 10:08 PM

Pottery, ice skating, billards(pool/ping-pong), arcades, miniature golf...Not sure where you live but there is a place near lakewood where you could make cool things out of glass...Or in the city there is "Make Meanings", a lot of people said its a great place for a date. Good luck 🙂 Hope you both have clarity.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: March 15, 2013, 12:11 AM

bowling

bygirl

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 15, 2013, 12:18 AM

dave and busters!

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 15, 2013, 1:28 PM

Wow! You guys are great! I like the pottery/glass idea. Does anyone know how expensive it is? Also is it made right away? It would be kind of awkward if it's done like 2 days later. What if we are not going out any more? Just leave it there? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks!

Princess10-

Dater

Send Message
on: March 15, 2013, 3:35 PM

Im not sure how much it is but I think its reasonable. The glass thing is made right away but in general most of the time pottery you have to pick up later. I know a lot of people who have random pottery in their trunk...it happens.

Princess10-

Dater

Send Message
on: March 15, 2013, 3:38 PM

Also in terms of bowling, my friend just went bowling on a date and what she did was that she brought along a game like loaded questions and while the other is bowling they looked through the cards. This way its not uncomfortable and it doesn't take five mintues to play the game. Plus the questions are a great way to bring up different conversations that might not have come up otherwise.

d-e1-9

Dater

Send Message
on: March 16, 2013, 10:51 PM

In the pottery place here you have to leave it there and then pick it up a week later. But that is not a problem because if you are not dating anymore you can each pick up your own if you want to one week later. We still have a cute light switch cover that my brother made on a date with his wife to be.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: March 16, 2013, 11:51 PM

My brother told me one of his friends in yeshiva went to the pottery place and then they broke up before they picked up the stuff. So his friend went and picked up both.

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: March 16, 2013, 11:52 PM

So then what? He keeps her painted teacup?

Esther

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 17, 2013, 12:18 AM

Yes, pottery is a perfect date if you enjoy each other's company- it's just another thing to be doing while you both spend time together. The problem is if you don't enjoy each other's company. Then you end up both sitting there painting, feeling as awkward as can be, trying to make silly conversation over the teacup you're painting pink. Also, I always wondered whatever happened to the pink teacup I once painted - I kind of liked it, but since I'm done with him, I guess that's it with my teacup. Oh well. Do you think he has it? ..... it's just plain awkward.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: March 17, 2013, 12:34 AM

Isn't the pottery pretty expensive though? I'm looking at paint a pot website, and if you are there for 2 hrs, it will be 24 dollars plus the cost of two items which let's say will be another 20. So 44 dollars for 2 hours of not excellent entertainment.

gold

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 17, 2013, 1:33 AM

Personal experience with pottery: firstly, with one particular guy, we together painted one piece of pottery (its def cheaper) which in the beginnning i thought was wierd and too cheap, but it ended up turning out cute cuz we got to decide how to design it and paint it together and we took turns painting it so instead of us each in our own world of artwork, it was a combined work of art. In regards to picking it up, we sort of forgot about it the next week, and a few weeks later, we werent going out anymore, so I assume the store still has it and is probably calling the guy to pick it up....uch...he prob. told the store to keep or throw out.
Happens to be i am sometimes in the vicinity of that pottery place, but I would not be able to bring myself to pick it up and totally would not want to keep the item (besides for the fact that the store owner forsure remembers me and is the type to ask how its going with the guy.....)

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 18, 2013, 12:24 AM

Wow! I did it thanks everyone for all of your advice. I brought money just in case (I didn't want to make it seem like I was asking him to take me somewhere expensive) but of course he insisted on paying. It was nice to have something to do while talking. I would definitely recommend it!
Thanks again!!

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 19, 2013, 11:18 PM

thanks for keeping us updated
i hope the date went well
b'hatzlacha raba may you have clarity!
may we all share in many simchos!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.106 seconds.