Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yeshivish!!!??? SPIN OFF
heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Yeshivish!!!??? SPIN OFF

Here is just a spin off to see what you think because SOOOO many people say different things. I can't take it when I get a call about a friend of mine and the boy's mother asks "IS SHE YESHIVISH?" I once told a boys mother; Yeshivish is a guy who drives cool cars, and smokes, do you want to know if she will be ok with that? The mother screamed and hung up the phone. Now I am more careful to stay away from this dangerous "Yeshivish question!''

WHAT DO YOU CALL YESHIVISH? GIVE AN EXAMPLE.

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Yeshivish!!!??? SPIN OFF

Well i tell the mother, "the word yeshivish means something else to everyone so you tell me what yeshivish means and i'll tell you if she fits that description :)"
and guess what? it ALWAYS works!!

Shaindy

Dating Maven

Send Message

hey,hey..is that really what you think yeshivish is? Why do you think that? Are you looking for a Yeshivish type of boy..and if so what does it mean to you? Was your last guy Yeshivish? What made him that way? Just some food for thought..

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message

inshidduch-im613, what do the say?

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message

chaysim-believe it or not, they usually just give me a description! ive been surprised-like i wud have said a girl is not yeshivish, but then after her description, i realized this lady wud actually call her yeshivish. 🙂

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 10, 2013, 2:30 AM

Quote from Shaindy on February 9, 2013, 2:47 PM
hey,hey..is that really what you think yeshivish is? Why do you think that? Are you looking for a Yeshivish type of boy..and if so what does it mean to you? Was your last guy Yeshivish? What made him that way? Just some food for thought..

No to all your questions!!! why do i think that... idk, i just got that pic in my head....

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 11, 2013, 10:58 PM

bump

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 11, 2013, 11:14 PM

First of all, "labeling is disabling." A label is just your perception of someone, so it may not be very accurate; whose measuring stick are you using?? Second of all, why do we have a need to "box" people? I understand that it's easier to understand who someone might be (if you're looking into them for a shidduch) if you have a neatly packaged description, but people are not labels, or even eloquently phrased paragraphs. Labels, especially this one, is very subjective. I have discussed this with many many people (from friends to coworkers to guys on dates) and I have probably just as many perceptions of what it means.

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 12:09 AM

thinking BY girl: totally. but how do you answer these parents when they call you for info.?

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 12:32 AM

Basically what I said above, but the abridged version and less preachy I guess. Meaning, I say that it's highly subjective I can't answer that question because what they think "yeshivish" is, is not necessarily what I think it is. Plus, it'd just be what I think of the girl, and my opinion is not highest ranking here because the boy's mother (or whomever) doesn't know me. (If she does, then that's a different story.) I would ask her to be more specific, like what exactly does she want to know...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.122 seconds.