Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Singles events?
meant2be

Dater

Send Message
Post Singles events?

I am debating going to a singles event but I heard ppl's horror stories from these events, does anyone have any positive feedback?

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Singles events?

what horror stories?

meant2be

Dater

Send Message

well maybe not horror stories but that people felt like only the pretty skinny girls get spoken to, and average girls were basically ignored. and the type of people that go to these events are not really the type of people u want to marry. And boys only judge u based on looks and not anything else. Someone even said she wouldn't even wish this kind of thing to her worst enemy thats how bad the singles event she went to was. I am average in looks and weight, (for dates I do dress up and look nice) and I am just nervous to go to an event like this after these comments I heard. Im pretty opened minded but not sure if this type of event would be beneficial or harmful to me.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message

i hear ya...when you think of it like that it does kind of stink...but hey if even the pretty skinny girls find someone and one shidduch is made its worth it. but if you dont feel comfortable going then ur right! stay away! girls get their egos hurt enough as it is. i guess its something each girl has to know if she could handle for herself but i cant imagine its too pleasant!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message

I went to one. It was basically as meant2be is describing, and moreover, there was a high percentage of weirdos.

I still had fun though, because I like shmoozing with new people.

meant2be

Dater

Send Message

OK so if I decide to go, is it ok to go with a friend? I would feel much better if I knew someone there and keep each other company if needed.

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message

Very smart idea! Just make sure she's not prettier and skinnier than u haha jk

InShidduch-
imFollower

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 10, 2013, 10:33 AM

Did anyone attend that recent singles event organized by rabbi Lankry of money? I heard t was meant for the yeshivish crowd, but I wasn't available that night...if anyone was there, can u share ur experience. I'm just very curious!

market

Dater

Send Message
on: March 19, 2013, 5:33 PM

How does one find out about single events? Is there a website....? Are they advertised?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.082 seconds.