Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sfardi?! TOPIC CLOSED
market

Dater

Send Message
Post Sfardi?!
on: June 6, 2013, 9:30 AM

Lets say.....
Your a regular Ashekinazi girl and you get redt to a Sfardi boy. He was in all the regular Ashkenaz Yeshivos, but he's still Sfardi cuz is family is the real stuff. Would you go you with him?

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Sfardi?!
on: June 6, 2013, 10:15 AM

It really depends on you. If you have no problem marrying into a family with totally different minhagim, go for it. Just know your life may be a bit different. Your family might not be able to eat by you on Pesach - they eat rice, beans, etc. If you're not comfortable changing your minhagim so drastically, just be honest.
Also, I hate to perpetuate stereotypes, but I have heard that some Sephardi men are very domineering, so it is something you'd have to look out for.

honey

Dater

Send Message
on: June 6, 2013, 11:41 PM

Excuse me!!! Hey that's rude I'm sefardic and we are awesome. I can say the same thing ashknaz boys are the same. It's all how you look at it, listen were awesome people you may know one or two boys like that but dnt assume were all like that, that would be stereotyping that you said you don't like to do 🙂

sari2

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 6, 2013, 11:52 PM

Quote from honey on June 6, 2013, 11:41 PM
Excuse me!!! Hey that's rude I'm sefardic and we are awesome. I can say the same thing ashknaz boys are the same. It's all how you look at it, listen were awesome people you may know one or two boys like that but dnt assume were all like that, that would be stereotyping that you said you don't like to do 🙂

me too! felt the same way honey thanks for posting it!
please watch what you post !

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 12:40 AM

I think it is a good thing to be open minded! Maybe give it a try and see if u get along! Once u get to know the sefardic minhagim ull get to love them! But I will say that u have to be a VERY FLEXIBLE person if u marry someone out of ur culture cuz its very different!:):):) good luck:);)

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 1:50 AM

Changing all your minhagim is a major step. You should take that into consideration. Also every culture has a different kind of mindset. This may cause conflicting values and/or approaches to dealing with daily life situations. I would suggest you speak to a Rav or mentor to give you guidance before you make such a decision.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 2:07 AM

And no offense honey but there is a cultural difference and Sefardi men ARE different from Ashkenazi. I'm sure it would be difficult for a Sefardi girl to marry an Ashkenazi too. They do act, speak, and expect people to behave differently. If you are being redt a Sefardi boy and it sounds good, why not try to find a Sefardi acquaintance - someone from sem/camp whatever, and try to spend some time with them and their family to see how you feel about the culture change... Worst comes to worst, you'll have a friend who you're closer to as a result.

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 7:39 AM

I didn't mean to be rude; I apologize. I was trying to say that there are big differences between being Ashkenazi and Sephardi, and in truth, Sephardi men can be very different from Ashkenazi men. I didn't say all are, and if you don't know any who are, great. For the record, I have plenty of Sephardi friends. Some of them have actually talked about this as well, saying that they do know men who are like this. I'm not saying this to be rude, just to be honest. I never said there was anything wrong with being Sephardi, but for those of us who are Ashkenazi, it's a whole other world.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 7, 2013, 12:35 PM

I think ya'll are racist.

That said, I've heard that sephardic women can marry ashkenazic men and have happy marriages, but not the other way around.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.113 seconds.