Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: reactions
heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post reactions
on: February 25, 2013, 10:30 PM

i just came from a shidduch speech and thought this is something you would like to hear:

A chassan and kallah were engaged! Mazal tov!! The chassan went back to E"Y to learn. 6 weeks into the engagement the kallah had second thoughts. She spoke it over and simply she was just nervous and could not go ahead with it. She flew to E"Y to tell her "chassan." She sat with him and said " I feel terrible telling you this but I have been going through so much turmoil in the past 6 weeks & I just can't go ahead with our shidduch." The guy said to her, "Oy, that must have been so hard for you to go through that!!" The girl thought OMG, this is one special caring guy. Within seconds the girl said " I change my mind."

True story!!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: reactions
on: February 25, 2013, 11:35 PM

And the guy said, "so do I."

basyisroel

Dater

Send Message
on: February 25, 2013, 11:46 PM

Feigy123, you ruined the story 😉
I thought it was a really nice story, I wish all guys were like that! 🙂

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 4:33 PM

ya 🙂

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 5:33 PM

You don't fly out to E"Y to tell a guy it's over unless you're sure there is nothing he can say that'll change your mind. If she felt there are things to be worked out, or that they may have rushed into things-that's not a reason to call it off! Where is her sensitivity to HIS feelings? I know that many people will think I'm totally missing the point, but that's okay-we all see things differently 🙂

basyisroel

Dater

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 6:13 PM

You're right iThink. The guy was really understanding but the girl did the wrong thing. I wouldn't want to marry someone who wants to call off the shidduch, no matter what their reason is. It could mean she can't commit to a relationship

basyisroel

Dater

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 6:17 PM

BTW how do you indent your whole post, like feigy123 and heyhey did?

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 7:34 PM

Just to be clear: I'm not saying that calling it off is never an option. That's like saying divorce is never an option. But just like divorce is an absolute last resort-the same goes for breaking an engagement.

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 7:36 PM

Quote from basyisroel on February 26, 2013, 6:17 PM
BTW how do you indent your whole post, like feigy123 and heyhey did?

Didn't you just indent yours?

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 26, 2013, 9:48 PM

I liked the story... the girl got NERVOUS... it's hard having ur chassan far away and doubts could come up and maybe she got cold feet cuz she NEVER got to see him. Once she spoke in person and saw again why she got engaged to him to begin with all her DOUBTS disappeared. Every relationship has its ups and downs and needs work . it doesn't sound like anything major caused her to want to break the engagement....so B"H she realized a gem she was engaged to and IYH will marry. IYH we should all share in many simchos sooon!!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.148 seconds.