Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Parents Divorced
growing

Dater

Send Message
Post Parents Divorced
on: January 2, 2014, 2:23 PM

A lot of people are hesitant to go out with someone whose parents are divorced. What are your thoughts on that? What would you look into before going out with a boy whose parents are divorced?

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Parents Divorced
on: January 2, 2014, 3:08 PM

I have no issue going out with someone whos parents are divorced, as long as they do know what happy, put together "normal" family looks and acts like. My parents, however, voice their disapproval everytime I agree to go out with someone who has divorced parents

growing

Dater

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 3:18 PM

Quote from sem613 on January 2, 2014, 3:08 PM
My parents, however, voice their disapproval everytime I agree to go out with someone who has divorced parents

Kinda what I'm trying to figure out. Do you know what their reasoning is?

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 4:06 PM

Quote from growing on January 2, 2014, 3:18 PM

Quote from sem613 on January 2, 2014, 3:08 PM
My parents, however, voice their disapproval everytime I agree to go out with someone who has divorced parents

Kinda what I'm trying to figure out. Do you know what their reasoning is?

honestly, haven't faintest idea. Especially considering that I have an aunt who is divorced with lovely children. I generally just ignore them when they start going against it.

but my feeling is every guy is gonna have something against him- I'd rather it be something I see instead of some crazy hidden thing.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 5:46 PM

true sem613. better something you can see, something they are open about. and like you said also- find out what the boy himself is like. i have a friend who's married to someone who's parents are divorced, and her husband is the sweetest guy ever, and he's great with their kids. I went out with a guy whos parents are divorced and he is such a nice, sweet, caring guy. also depends on relationship with both his parents. if there's good relationship there, better chance the guy is emotionally ok.

todarabbah

Dater

Send Message
on: January 3, 2014, 2:00 AM

Every situation is different and should be looked into. Parents just like to be protective and therefore won't highly approve of shidduchim from divorced homes especially if they, themselves are not divorced . Sometimes, it can impact the marriage and be a hard situation for their kid to be involved in and sometimes baggage remains with kids from divorced homes. But, yes there are definitely exceptions and that's why every situation should be looked into. For example, my mother would have never considered shidduchim from divorced homes but a good shidduch came up for my sister whose parents were divorced. People said his parents really got along and it wasn't a messy split. The mom even babysat for the father's kids from his second marriage and ate meals with them! My sister is now married to their son and is really happy. My bro in law is a well adjusted mentch and his parents are just really nice people. It's really not black and white and every individual situation should be taken into account.

batsheva60-

Dater

Send Message
on: March 12, 2014, 4:37 AM

The question is is it his parents first or second divorce

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: March 12, 2014, 9:36 AM

What difference does it make how many divorces there are?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.