Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Name Calling
Liba

Dater

Send Message
Post Name Calling
on: May 10, 2013, 3:18 PM

Quote from life123 on May 10, 2013, 12:03 PM
Ok, um, is this true? Or are we just making fun of standards?

You have to be at date five at least, Dina thought, to call a guy his name to his face, and even then, he should be the first one to address you by name.

Yeah I was also wondering that. Anyone care to expound?

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Name Calling
on: May 10, 2013, 4:09 PM

I'm assuming everyone's waiting for me to explain this...

So first of all, THERE ARE NO RULES!

Some people never call each other by their first names until they're engaged. Some people will call each other by their first names right away. Many people will wait until it's going somewhere to call each other by their names. Whatever seems natural...

Think about this, there are halachos about married men calling women by their first names. With single guys, it's a tznius issue. It creates a certain sense of closeness. Using someone's first name endears them to you. (Think of the salesman who uses your name three time in each sentence.) When you're dating just like it's appropriate to talk about things you wouldn't discuss with any Joe Shmoe, it's appropriate to call each other by your first names, because you're trying to develop a relationship. You decide at what point this is where you're at.

So yeah, it was a satire of how everything needs rules and regulations.

Sari

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 10, 2013, 5:32 PM

It's actually really interesting. I once has a guy call me by my name, on like a 5th date, and I felt my heart like jump up in my chest it was really weird 😳 :roll:.
Anyone else experience this?

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 10, 2013, 5:51 PM

I am cracking up at the title of this thread! It's sounds misleading....

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 11, 2013, 11:40 PM

agree with dancer90, which is why i clicked on this category- i just had to see what it was about... like thinkingbygirl said, there are no rules. obviously you wouldn't call a guy by his first name on a first or second date, but that's just because ur not so comfortable with each other yet. i think this is a question of comfort, but at the same time, you have to know that you are both comfortable with calling each other by name, and being called by your names by the other person. if one party is more comfortable before the other, calling by name may cause the uncomfortable party to feel pressured, confused...

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 11, 2013, 11:46 PM

Quote from chaykie on May 11, 2013, 11:40 PM
obviously you wouldn't call a guy by his first name on a first or second date.

I called a guy by his name on a first date and him me. (actually I think he said my name first.) It wasn't awkward.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 11, 2013, 11:48 PM

Oh, and Sari I experienced that too. Just not on a date...some guy I had a crush on when I was younger.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.066 seconds.