Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My parents...
hittheroof

Dater

Send Message
Post My parents...
on: July 18, 2013, 1:20 PM

Shadchan is putting a gun to my head to meet a boy behind my parents back! Unofficially saw him already once for 5 minutes! My parents looked into him and don't like the entire idea! Do have to say the idea is really far fetched, based on the back rounds we both come from! I am undecided what to do! Any ideas?

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: My parents...
on: July 18, 2013, 1:22 PM

Very strange situation. Are you yeshivish? What relationship do you have to the shadchan? Did you like the boy? Do you come from a dysfunctional family that you'd have to get around your parents to be set up?

hittheroof

Dater

Send Message
on: July 18, 2013, 1:30 PM

BH no family issues! No relationship w this Shadchan other than - extremely pushy to put it mildly! Was kinda a set up situation I was put into...

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 18, 2013, 1:31 PM

Unless you absolutely love the boy, don't meet him. It doesn't sound like the shadchan has your best interests in mind. Could you tell your parents about what the shadchan is trying to do?

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 18, 2013, 1:37 PM

hittheroof, i agree with patcha. tell ur parents what the shadchan is trying to get you to do, and if for some reason you can't speak to your parents, speak to a teacher or rav that you look up to and trust. they should know what shadchanim are doing b/c teachers/rabbanim are there to keep you safe and they have ur best interests in mind (hopefully...)

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 19, 2013, 12:59 AM

Parents know what is best for their children no matter how picky they may be. They have more reasons for saying no than u think & at the end of the day going out behind ur,parents back will backfire.
Good luck!

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 19, 2013, 1:47 PM

Quote from Gayil on July 19, 2013, 12:59 AM
Parents know what is best for their children no matter how picky they may be. They have more reasons for saying no than u think & at the end of the day going out behind ur,parents back will backfire.
Good luck!

I agree with Gayil...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.061 seconds.