Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Meeting Shadchanim
alizawolf

Dater

Send Message
Post Meeting Shadchanim
on: January 25, 2014, 8:33 PM

Has anyone had any luck with meeting Shadchanim? Anyone good in particular... Do people feel like they get more dates from ideas from family friends or shadchanim?

princessch-
arming

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: Meeting Shadchanim
on: January 25, 2014, 11:06 PM

I've gone to three big shadchanim and have never gotten a date from any of them! I definitely get more suggestions from family friends or my friends. so much for shadchanim...

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: January 25, 2014, 11:42 PM

Agree with princcesscharming- more family/close friends or SYAS. Rarely from shadchanim..

waiting-
game

Dater

Send Message
on: January 26, 2014, 12:46 AM

I've been in shidduchim for a few months, but I have not visited one shadchan yet! I haven't been out on any dates yet because no suggestions have actually materialized yet, but I have been getting some suggestions from family and friends! I was talking to a married friend of mine about how I really hate the idea of talking to random shadchanim that stare me up and down... and that most of my friends' shidduchim came from fam and friends anyway... and she told me that while shadchanim hopping can be exhausting, especially when you often don't hear from them after you meet them, the tenth shadchan she went to made her shidduch! so i think i'm gonna start introducing myself to shadchanim, while continuing to try networking among my fam and friends...
going to a shadchan is another form of hishtadlus and it can't hurt!
sorry i can't help with names, as i haven't made my rounds yet...

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: January 26, 2014, 5:58 PM

I've done the: "oh, you should talk to X, she knows boys" type, but never an official shadchan, although i have tried to

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.088 seconds.