Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lonely around the holidays
daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Lonely around the holidays
on: September 9, 2013, 4:55 PM

Anyone else feel much more lonely around the holidays? Kinda of like your helpless- I always have this strong cloud over my shoulders and it's so hard with the holidays and having true simcha even though I love sukkos, and I love all the holidays, it happens to be I don't feel so complete. The feeling is actually horrible, and I know others out there feel the same...

Anyone have advice on getting over it?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Lonely around the holidays
on: September 9, 2013, 9:49 PM

Sometimes I guess I feel like that too... but that's (one of the reasons) why I try to get out every single day of Yom Tov and Shabbos. If there's no one to visit because people are away (or married, more every Yom Tov B"h) I like to just take long walks. Where I live (not during the summer) there are always a lot of people around and I meet people I know.

Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 15, 2013, 9:44 PM

Oish! I can definitely emphasize with you! There are definitely times when I feel single more then others (Shabbos afternoon, late at night..)
Hugs!

hittheroof

Dater

Send Message
on: September 16, 2013, 2:50 PM

I think we should all take walks together, anyone in?! 😎
I always try to go ova and help friends out with their kids, an extra hand they can use! Especially when it's a 3 day Yom Tov!

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 16, 2013, 5:53 PM

Thanks you guys!!! Means a lot knowing I'm not the only one in the same boat, wish it were for a better reason!

Hittheroof- Sounds great to me! 😉

miss

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 10:22 PM

hi! I think all of us on this awesome site have to put our heads together and think of a solution for yom tov!
i love my family, all 7 of my older siblings and all their kids k"h, but i'm tired of being a cleaning lady and babsitter- especially when it is a three day yom tov!

miss

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 10:25 PM

Sometimes I think it would be nice to go away to a hotel, but that is 1. very expensive, and 2. doesn't always feel very yom tovdik, and it is not a great idea to be single, have oily hair, and be with tonz of ppl who are looking around for shidduchim for their nephews!
I kind of want to be with other singles, but that would probably be pretty depressing....
that is why i'm turning to all of you for help. I know pesach is 6 months away, but it may take that long to come up with the perfect idea. of course i hope it won't be nogea by then, and we should all find our zivug hagon!

miss

Dater

Send Message
on: October 2, 2013, 10:28 PM

sorry, don't mean to be such a kvetch, just getting harder as the years are going by.

i just want to take this opportunity to also thank the people who started inshidduchim.com, whenever i feel like i'm alone in this situation, it feels great to be able to join together with so many people from all over the world to get chizuk and just have company!
yashor koach!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.