Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lala Land
market

Dater

Send Message
Post Lala Land
on: May 11, 2013, 10:20 PM

How do you deal with really good friends who get married and move to "Lala Land"?! 😐

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Lala Land
on: May 11, 2013, 10:51 PM

you just grit your teeth and deal with it! nothing really to do. if theyre really close friend maybe you can try hinting something to them but it gets awkward. you prob just have to wait it out.....

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 11:59 AM

Been there, done that. There's nothing much to do about it. The problem is once the newlywed "lands" and they're ready to sort of pick up from where you left off....Good luck!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 3:32 PM

Know that it is a normal thing for people to do that. Hence, Shana Rishona carries a "Lala Land" association with it. Like iThink said, "..once the newlywed "lands" and they're ready to sort of pick up from where you left off...." so once they "land" you can pick up where you left off if you know that its a normal occurence. Hatzlacha! 🙂

princessch-
arming

Dater

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 4:37 PM

basmelech, easier said than done...A friend just texted me today after about 7 months, like nothing ever happened. I know I shouldn't feel hostile about it but I do NOT feel like texting back!!

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 6:20 PM

Actually, what I meant was the exactly what princesscharming said. The problem is when they "land" and are ready to pick up from wherever they left off. I wish I was able to do like basmelech said, but there are many feelings in play here.

Bracha

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 11:01 PM

Why don't we think about how we can be Dan them Lekaf Zechus

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 14, 2013, 9:18 AM

Quote from Bracha on May 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
Why don't we think about how we can be Dan them Lekaf Zechus

You're right, Bracha. So in their defense, my friends got married quite young and didn't really experience having a close friend get lost on a cloud for months on end. I'm sure that if they had experienced the same thing, they'd have made an effort not to make the same mistake. 🙂

Bracha

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 14, 2013, 9:44 AM

How about, marriage isn't as easy as it looks...it takes a lot of work...+ a lot of emotions......they are busy cooking cleaning....as soon as their Husband comes home they have to get off the phone right away or he will be insulted...they just don't have the extra emotions to connect with other people....
What do you think?

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 21, 2013, 10:22 PM

They really are very busy- most newlyweds keep working 9-5 and then have to think of what to make for supper, go to grocery to buy ingredients (a kitchen doesnt get fully stocked till like 5 months later lol- it takes time to build up kitchen-stocking skills) then hubby comes home and its already night!! with that kind of life- it takes a TONNNN of effort to keep up relationships

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 21, 2013, 10:24 PM

but thats just the busy part- its a separate story from lalaland. Some friends are really busy but when u do speak to them they are very normal! Most of my friends are like that- I only have one that is still in lalalland and thats almost two years and one baby later!!!! I think its goodbye forever to that one!!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 21, 2013, 11:36 PM

I personally am very happy when my friends are in lala land. Because they are happy, and when they are happy, I am happy.

But, I have very good friends, and I have a rule that we need to meet regularly in person. So maybe my friends are less annoying in lala land.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 21, 2013, 11:36 PM

Yup didnt mean to say its easy to do... but it might be easier to understand why they are not in contact... Anyway if you feel that the relationship is worth it then you can try your best to overlook it. Hoping that soon you will all find the right one and go to lala land iy"H! ( just try not to forget about us here and let us know! 😉 )

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.131 seconds.