Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can you tell?
Cherry

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post How can you tell?
on: June 3, 2013, 4:21 AM

What are some ways to tell while dating if the guy has a temper or if he's controlling besides for doing research ahead of time. What small things can u recommend to watch out for while dating??

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: How can you tell?
on: June 3, 2013, 8:41 AM

The only thing I can say is trust your instincts. Your body is capable of telling you when something is wrong, you just need to be able to listen to it.
Keep an eye out for red flags: Let's say you go out to eat...
If he tries to order for you: red flag.
If he's nasty to the waiter/waitress: red flag.
You can also observe his behavior while he's driving. The way he treats other people can be very telling.
No matter what, just pay attention to what's happening, and trust what your instincts and intuition are telling you.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 10:46 AM

Quote from Cherry on June 3, 2013, 4:21 AM
What are some ways to tell while dating if the guy has a temper or if he's controlling besides for doing research ahead of time. What small things can u recommend to watch out for while dating??

Spend time dating him and you'll get a clearer picture of his personality. Reading too much into small things is unfair. Most of us regular people occasionally say the wrong thing or are misinterpreted. Are you okay with him being human?

Although I do know someone, when her date kicked a cat and yelled at a taxi driver for coming late, both on a first date, she said no. He didn't realize it was her cat.

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 11:30 AM

Just be aware, but also remember that he is probably at least as nervous as you are so he may not be thinking so clearly. Traffic is often the best indicator, and be sure to ask his references and see how they phrase their answer.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 2:10 PM

Quote from rosepetal5 on June 3, 2013, 8:41 AM
The only thing I can say is trust your instincts. Your body is capable of telling you when something is wrong, you just need to be able to listen to it.
Keep an eye out for red flags: Let's say you go out to eat...
If he tries to order for you: red flag.
If he's nasty to the waiter/waitress: red flag.
You can also observe his behavior while he's driving. The way he treats other people can be very telling.
No matter what, just pay attention to what's happening, and trust what your instincts and intuition are telling you.

Yes this is such great advice! 🙂
Here are some additional tips:
If you want to know what he really is all about? See what he loves talking about. Is he constantly talking about cars? Then you can assume he is passionate about that. 😉 Be on the lookout for things that he really enjoys talking about. Also see what makes him angry and how he reacts, you can tell a lot about a person from that. Hatzlacha! 🙂

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 2:23 PM

Quote from patcha on June 3, 2013, 10:46 AM

Although I do know someone, when her date kicked a cat and yelled at a taxi driver for coming late, both on a first date, she said no. He didn't realize it was her cat.

Really? The excuse was he didn't know it's her cat?

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 2:39 PM

One thing you should never do is purposely test him, like in that story of the girl who pulled the keys out of the ignition. Don't do that!!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 2:44 PM

Quote from rosepetal5 on June 3, 2013, 2:39 PM
One thing you should never do is purposely test him, like in that story of the girl who pulled the keys out of the ignition. Don't do that!!

Or the girl who trained her cat to run in front of her dates and jump on their heads off the bookcases, and claw them, to see if they would kick it.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 2:45 PM

Wow that is funny rosepetal5 i was just thinking of that story while i was typing my response before!! Thanks for writing it! 😉

Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 2:50 PM

Quote from feigy123 on June 3, 2013, 2:44 PM
Or the girl who trained her cat to run in front of her dates and jump on their heads off the bookcases, and claw them, to see if they would kick it.

😀 😀 😀

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 3, 2013, 2:57 PM

lol feigy that was great.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.093 seconds.