Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HAD ENOUGH!!!
Debbs

Dater

Send Message
Post HAD ENOUGH!!!
on: March 20, 2013, 12:58 AM

yup, thats just how i feel.
I simply just HAD ENOUGH!!! i feel like im just totally stuck in this ridiculous world of getting no dates, and all my friends are just going and getting engaged and then i have to make new friends and pretend that im fine. and then they get engaged. and then i need a new set of friends....its never ending! my last new single friend is now dating and im just waiting for her to get engaged...and then what??? i literally just simply had more than enough....at this point i just feel like saying, thats it, no more being social. i cant keep making more friends who i just let go of in a few months cuz they get married...and then again im left alone....
what should i do????

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: HAD ENOUGH!!!
on: March 20, 2013, 10:37 AM

Hi Debbs,

First of all, I hope you're feeling better this morning 🙂

I know that feeling when your friends are all engaged or married-it's like your life is on pause while everyone around you is moving on. But I don't understand why you feel that you need to find a new set of friends just because you aren't in the same stage in life anymore. Is there a reason why you feel you can't keep up those friendships once they're married?

Debbs

Dater

Send Message
on: March 20, 2013, 10:55 AM

wow, that came out wrong. i do keep up with my married friends...but at the same time theyre all living out of town and busy with their families...i think everyone needs single friends when theyre single...like who would i go out with one night when i feel like i just need to chill? nobody. who would i go for ice cream with cuz why not? nobody.

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: March 20, 2013, 3:12 PM

Ok, I see what you mean now. Whole different issue and I wish I could somehow solve the problem.

Most people don't want new BFFs every year. Those friends who we've always been close to are the one's we want now too. And it's a sad irony that when we need these friendships most, they're sometimes too far away or busy to be there for us like they wish they could.

I happen to have a few sisters who are close in age and I'm pretty sure I've spent more time with them in the last year or two than I did in all my years in HS. And whenever I've had enough of family, and the people I'd love to hang out with aren't available, I let myself feel every bit as lonely and miserable as I want. Some problems can't be fixed - the least I can do is let myself be sad for a little....

(sorry I'm not much of a help...)

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: March 20, 2013, 5:00 PM

Debs I tot hear ya! I work in a place with a lot of young girls who are constantly getting married and moving away and being replaced! I've been here for a few years and have bonded with many girls only to have them move on a few months later and then I'm left with the new girl who is usually only younger and more immature. I tot know how u feel after a while u start to just be distant and not bond with anyone. It's a defense mechanism! It's sooooo hard! But life ain't no joy ride so my best advice is to use this pain as a tool to pour your heart out to hashem because he is the only one that can help u. Also like Ithink said - I bonded with my sisters a lot since sem and they sort of became my new clique. Their both older and married wih kids Bh but their always there for me and even tho they don't live nearby we still have group chats and make jokes and well go mall hopping if I go to them over a weekend... So I'm very thankful for them. But yeh it's super tough. Everyone makes it look so simple. They just date, get engaged and move on while ur stuck in the same place for so long!!! When I am bored and wishing I had friends to hang out with I either listen to my iPod - that makes me forget for a little and then I think about all the positive things about being single like not having to make supper or pay bills.... It's stupid but it helps a little.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.