Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dating with a Car Service???
shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Dating with a Car Service???
on: July 7, 2013, 3:27 PM

Ok... So I recently went out with a guy who doesn't have have a license, he's actually here in Yeshiva from Europe (so yes it does make some sense).

However when we went out he got a car service to drive us around, I just couldn't help from feeling sooooo nebach.... I almost feel like I should offer to drive, but I dont want to make him feel bad, so I dont know what to do?!?!? anyone here ever had such an experience??? please help

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Dating with a Car Service???
on: July 7, 2013, 4:31 PM

yup, just did a couple of weeks ago 🙂 it kinda is awkward, but ya do what you gotta do...in the long run, it's not that major a deal. i heard that a lot of guys who are in yeshiva do it, cuz if they are away from home, most likely not too many of his friends have cars either, and renting one for three hours can be sooo expensive.

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 7, 2013, 4:44 PM

but it's sooo awkward for me I find it hard to just "act normal"...do you talk in the car? its wierd talking while I know some random taxi driver is listening in, and silence makes it even more awkward!!! its a lose-lose situation!!

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 7, 2013, 10:22 PM

Quote from shaynapunim on July 7, 2013, 4:44 PM
but it's sooo awkward for me I find it hard to just "act normal"...do you talk in the car? its wierd talking while I know some random taxi driver is listening in, and silence makes it even more awkward!!! its a lose-lose situation!!

Oish my heart goes out to you it does sound veeery awkward! Maybe tell him beforehand that you always feel awkward... and can you guys pretend that the date starts after you get dropped off 😛

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 8, 2013, 12:01 PM

I don't get what the big deal is. Just pretend the driver isn't there. As long as you aren't in E"Y the driver keeps to himself and doesn't care what you say. Especially if the driver is a Goy, then chances are he can't figure out most of what you are saying anyway, with all the Heberew/Yiddish that comes up.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 8, 2013, 10:59 PM

oh no no no, in the gap...it depends who ur driver is...the one that drove us was very friendly and kept talking to me abt my boyfriend...that was awkward, but its the only part that was...otherwise the fact that we took a car service really did not effect the date itself at all.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 9, 2013, 2:47 AM

What if you decide you like the driver better than your date?

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 11, 2013, 10:18 PM

Quote from feigy123 on July 9, 2013, 2:47 AM
What if you decide you like the driver better than your date?

thats creepy to think about feigy...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.