Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Complimenting Your Date
getmeadate

Dater

Send Message
Post Complimenting Your Date
on: December 21, 2013, 11:21 PM

Would you ever compliment your date on his clothing...Say you like his tie would you say I like your tie?? I'm asking because I never would but someone suggested I should.

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Complimenting Your Date
on: December 22, 2013, 2:35 AM

I may be stating the obvious, but first of all, different things are accepted in different circles. It also depends what you're up to. When you get past the initial stage of your dating relationship it's a nice to compliment, you know, connect on another level. If you think it's weird to compliment his tie, compliment his parking job or something else. Also, keep in mind, empty compliments mean nothing. Compliment only if you mean it.

eyeroller9-

Dater

Send Message
on: December 22, 2013, 12:40 PM

A guy once told me he thinks I'm attractive on the first date! Unfortunately for him I was planning to say no. I was flattered though

As far as me giving compliments , i doubt I would compliment clothing or anything like that

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: December 22, 2013, 5:15 PM

I guess it really depends on what stage of the game ur in, and how you feel. first date- i wouldn't be turned off if he'd say "you look really nice tonight" that's ok. you dress up so you do look nice, right? he's supposed to notice that. if you like his tie, and ur comfortable enough, say that you like it. why not? he also worked to look nice for you (even if it may have taken him a little less time...). If you aren't feeling to comfortable, then don't say anything. It also depends on how you or he choose to compliment each other. One guy asked me what kinds of food i like to eat, and after i told him "oh you know- hot dogs, pizza, mac and cheese...etc..." he said "you sure don't look like it!" like it was a tiny drop awkward, but i thought he said it in a very cute way, so it was ok, and i was comfortable in general with the situation.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: December 22, 2013, 5:20 PM

also, you don't have to compliment on physical appearance (i know that was the basic gist of the question). It would make a guy feel good too if say he told you something that once happened to him and how he handled it or something. make a positive comment about that (again, only if you rlly mean it), and you've made him feel good too. wouldn't you feel good to be complimented on something you did? so there are so many ways to compliment (and again, i know the q was specifically abt clothes. i just figured it doesn't hurt to bring this up)

devorah123

Dater

Send Message
on: December 23, 2013, 2:40 PM

I would never compliment my date on his clothing!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.091 seconds.