Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Age Range
patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Age Range
on: April 17, 2013, 8:18 AM

What age range will you date in?
Officially, I date in a 10-year age range, and I'm 23, but no one has ever suggested someone older than 30 to me.
Am I being too open by having such a large range? A boy once asked me on a date what my age range was, and said he doesn't think there should be more than 2 years age difference. I think that's too little.

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Age Range
on: April 17, 2013, 9:11 AM

I find that there's generally a big difference in maturity between an 18 yr old and a 21 year old, but much less so between a 22 yr old and a 25 yr old. So I think the younger you are, the smaller the age range should be. Of course there are always exceptions, though. There are some very young people who are mature beyond their years and there are adults in their thirties (or older) who have the maturity of a 15 yr old.

Tanta B

Dater

Send Message
on: April 17, 2013, 4:32 PM

I have learned from my experiences that it is not age that makes the difference but stage. Are you both young and naive? Have you both been working for a few years? Have you both been in the Parsha for a long time? Have you ever wondered why there are so many couples that get married and it's both of their first dates? Is it because they both just don't know any better? I don't think so.. I think they are just both holding on the same page and heading in the same direction at that time. They are both less complicated people then they would be in 6 years. No?

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 17, 2013, 9:37 PM

iThink: Definitely true.

Tanta B: I always wondered about that. I feel like if I'd have married the first person I dated I would have always felt like I was missing out (so it was just as well that he wasn't for me.)

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 17, 2013, 9:53 PM

totally agreed with iThink, altho personally, when ppl ask, i tell them that my range is from like a year younger than me till like four years older. because yeah personally, i would feel really strange marrying a person a decade older than me. that itself already puts many at a "different stage". agree with tanta b too.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 19, 2013, 10:36 AM

Chaykie: The Lubavitcher Rebbe said 10 years is the max, that's where I got that number from. But I know someone who married someone 15 years older and they're happy. I think that's way too much but it's a personal decision.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.094 seconds.