Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: List of dating tips- personal experience
life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post List of dating tips- personal experience
on: September 2, 2013, 10:35 PM

What's the first piece of dating advice that comes to your mind from personal experience?
I'll start:

If you've never been somewhere before don't follow the boy too closely in case he makes a sudden turn.

gold

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: List of dating tips- personal experience
on: September 3, 2013, 2:03 AM

Can u pls explain that? I don't get it...
As far as my dating advice: as much as u may like someone and feel emotionally like u can connect, I always try to not get too emotionally involved in case it doesn't work out. Then if there's rejection, it's not as painful because u already detached urself a bit from it. What can I say-this is a tip from my personal experiences.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: September 3, 2013, 1:32 PM

Seems pretty self explanatory but ok... if you follow someone too closely and they make a sudden turn you bang into them.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: September 3, 2013, 5:31 PM

lol 🙂

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: September 3, 2013, 5:49 PM

gold that's all good and true, but i think in dating the whole point is that you are trying to build an emotional connection. if you aren't, then you gotta stop dating. if you are building even a small emotional connection (to start with), that's how it's supposed to be, and it'll hurt when/if you stop dating.

devorah123

Dater

Send Message
on: September 3, 2013, 11:13 PM

Let him get ahead of you as you approach your car door- it's so uncomfortable when you reach it first and he's on his way to open it for you! Also, don't talk and let him concentrate while he's trying to figure out the directions/if he gets lost! He won't even hear what you're saying...

dazzleme21

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 11, 2013, 7:38 PM

to never refer to u and the boy as a couple dont say are we doing this?? always stay single and say i or me.I kno of s.o who got scared off when the girl started refering to them as a couple.only after ur engaged u can do that.s/t you may just slip and say are we going here?... but be careful that you dont say it.

dazzleme21

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 11, 2013, 7:40 PM

cool 😎 i just became a dating maven!

princessch-
arming

Dater

Send Message
on: September 11, 2013, 8:38 PM

Quote from dazzleme21 on September 11, 2013, 7:40 PM
cool 😎 i just became a dating maven!

What does that mean??

dazzleme21

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 11, 2013, 11:00 PM

lol i didnt know either ,till someone else posted that they became a dating maven.then i realized that there is a way to become one and today when i got to 50 posts i became one! i see you have 18 so when you reach 50 you should also get to be a dating maven! 🙂

princessch-
arming

Dater

Send Message
on: September 12, 2013, 11:18 AM

oh!! Thanks for explaining! but, I'd rather not become a dating maven! Just wanna find the right one already! 🙂

dazzleme21

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 13, 2013, 1:07 AM

well everyone does! 😀 and i wasnt trying to become one until a little while ago I didnt even realize that I could become one by posting a certain amnt.... and honestly just because i posted over 50 times it doenst mean im a dating maven in real life ! lol

smile19

Dater

Send Message
on: September 15, 2013, 3:30 AM

Make sure u UNDERSTOD wht he sed I made tht mistake thought the guy sed somthing but realy he sed something soo off from wht I thought lol lol it was so funny cuz I loughted after and explained myself we both had a good lough lol lol good memories

Smile

Dater

Send Message
on: September 15, 2013, 11:32 PM

Just be yourself!!

dazzleme21

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 16, 2013, 8:38 PM

thats what everyone says be yourself !!! i heard that alot! but its not so easy when your nervous and not used to talking to boys 🙁

princessch-
arming

Dater

Send Message
on: September 16, 2013, 9:08 PM

I totally agree with you dazzleme21. It's totally unnatural so you can't just "be yourself"

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: September 16, 2013, 10:18 PM

I believe what people mean is, don't strain yourself to answer unnaturally, because then the conversation won't feel natural. If the conversation is natural, it will feel more 'normal', like regular conversation, and then you will relax and you can really get a feel for each other and enjoy conversing.

Smile

Dater

Send Message
on: September 17, 2013, 12:47 AM

I hear you but Shadchan once told me the boy (who she set me up with) would lose his interest quickly if Im not outgoing on the date, I tried hard but it felt so fake!! and so unlike me/unnatural! He said no after first date. Generally, Im quiet in the beginning and as I get to know the person more, I get more comfortable/outgoing...

luv2laff

Dater

Send Message
on: October 7, 2013, 11:26 AM

I think if you try to be someone you're not-smile-then the boy won't necessarily like that! The boy wants you! I try to be myself- even if that means I'm a little more quiet in the beginning. It's ok to wait until you're totally comfortable. YOU GOTTA BE YOU 😀 wherever you are, whatever u do- not just w dating....:)

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: October 7, 2013, 7:32 PM

"Just be yourself" is the best line. If he likes you good if not then its also good then he's not for you 🙂

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 7, 2013, 8:55 PM

I acted totally natural one time on a date and really acted myself- this was because I did like the guy. Unfortunately, he didn't like what he say with just " be urself" but thats ok, because someone else will like the real me. It is SO important to be yourself. If your not, your just going to have a bad relationship pretending to be something your not. The guy will love everything about you, the good, the ugly, and the bad!

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: October 8, 2013, 2:43 PM

The best thing IS to be yourself, but part of being a adult is knowing when you act. Dating is, in essence, a way for you to sell yourself. You don't have to show every side of you. When a product is advertised, the description won't tell you the estimated time it takes for this item to break and become unusable. It won't say the item is made of the cheapest, flimsiest plastic available. When dating, it's important to remember that you want to emphasize the good parts of you. You don't have to be yourself completely, is my point. I don't know anyone who can say that she acted at her dates the same way she acts with her friends, or the way she acts when she is already married. It's different!

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: October 8, 2013, 4:54 PM

Totally true. I know when a guy on a date used slang and made fun of people, and he was talking to me, then when he's comfortable and with other boys, he must say worse things. And when I date, I try not to say 'stupid' or speak too fast - though I usually do. Just like you dress up more than you do during the week, so to you should be watching what you say more than usual. It doesn't mean that you can't speak naturally, just think before you speak.

PleaseH

Dater

Send Message
on: October 9, 2013, 5:02 PM

Quote from dazzleme21 on September 16, 2013, 8:38 PM
thats what everyone says be yourself !!! i heard that alot! but its not so easy when your nervous and not used to talking to boys 🙁

i agree but once you go out for the seond or third time you get more comfortable and you can start being yourself

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.149 seconds.