Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Being Tall
market

Dater

Send Message
Post Being Tall
on: April 23, 2013, 10:17 AM

Ok, so I'm on the tall side. I've gone out with guys who are a nice amount taller than me and some my hight.
Am I allowed to wear heals????!!!!! Not when I'm on a date with s/o my height, but in general, on Shabbos, at a vort, chasuna. Or should I not because then people will look at me and say, "wow she is so tall... I don't think my idea for her was good after all bec. maybe she's too tall for him."
I'm ok with wearing flats everywhere I go but I still want to look nice, I think it's much nicer to wear heals to a chasuna than flats, and I'm not talking about HIGH heels, I'm just talking about a small heel or wedge...no matter how small it is it still makes me give a really tall impression.
So, what do you think? πŸ™‚

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Being Tall
on: April 23, 2013, 10:34 AM

It's heels lol and dw abt it! U have a right to feel beautiful no matter how tall u are!!wear heels and you will see ur chosson will come right when he's supposed to!

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 10:49 AM

market: I'm tall, too, and for that reason I don't wear heels at weddings, vorts, etc. either...

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 1:02 PM

If I was you I wouldn't.

Moon

Dater

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 1:05 PM

If you feel beautiful in heels, wear them! IY"H the guy you are supposed to marry will love the fact that you are tall. Being tall does not have to be a negative thing! Enjoy it and don't not wear them because you are scared of what people you don't even know will think.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 1:45 PM

I wish I was tall I think it's so pretty to be tall!!! In the tefilla for good children on of the things u Daven for is that they shud be tall! .... Anyways I think heels are ok until about 5"8. If ur taller than that then maybe stay away from heels. Just my opinion!

market

Dater

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 2:07 PM

Lots of diff. opinions over here! Moon- I don't think he'll love the fact that I'm tall with heels if it makes him shorter than me πŸ˜‰

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 2:11 PM

Quote from Moon on April 23, 2013, 1:05 PM
If you feel beautiful in heels, wear them! IY"H the guy you are supposed to marry will love the fact that you are tall. Being tall does not have to be a negative thing! Enjoy it and don't not wear them because you are scared of what people you don't even know will think.

Ok, but does it follow that the shadchan who will set you up with the guy you are supposed to marry will love it?

And maybe he will only love you as tall as you actually are--not as tall as you seem when you wear heels?

Moon

Dater

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 2:15 PM

Ok, first of all, obviously if your heels will make you taller than the guy then you shouldn't wear them (unless he doesn't care and it doesn't bother you). In terms of shadchanim: I don't think you need to hide yourself just because someone might see you and get the impression that your tall and then not set you up. Hashem runs the world. If you feel beautiful in small heels or wedges, I think it's totally fine to wear them and feel good about yourself. Hashem will send you the guy through the right Shaliach regardless of what people think of you for wearing heels!

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 2:22 PM

ya-but nothing to do with caring what people think, if you're 5'8'' 1/2 like me than it's not the type to wear heels...

Moon

Dater

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 2:52 PM

That's a personal preference then. I'm 5'7" and I like to wear heels sometimes πŸ™‚

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 6:21 PM

totally fine to where heels i think, but if it makes you really uncomfortable to look so tall, there are really nice wedges/low heels/flats.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 23, 2013, 7:58 PM

I think we should be very careful about posting personal information, even things like height.

Agree with chaykie. It's a personal decision.

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 25, 2013, 10:35 PM

I know women who are taller than their husbands!! Do what you're most comfortable with!!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.079 seconds.