Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Too Long Between Dates??
BaisYaakov-
Maidel

Dater

Send Message
Post Too Long Between Dates??
on: May 4, 2013, 11:54 PM

is two and a half weeks too long to wait between the second and third date??? here's the story.... I'm from out of town, and I went out with a boy this past Monday and again on Tuesday who's from NY and learning on the east coast. (he came in to me..) anyway, because of work I cant come into NY until the Shabbos after shavuos (which in 2 1/2 weeks since the last date) or I'm basically at risk of losing my job. (I work in an office, and im the only jew there, so they're not very understanding when it comes to these things..) What should I do??? risk losing my job, and go in earlier, or wait until after shavous???

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Too Long Between Dates??
on: May 5, 2013, 12:05 AM

It is a very long time, especially between a second and third date. It doesn't make sense to lose your job over this though. Maybe you can explain your dilemma and he'd be willing to come back to your hometown? I know it's not ideal, and he'd probably rather you come to him, but it's virtually impossible right now for you. (Say you miss work, get fired, and this doesn't work out...) If you can't ask or he can't come, I'd suggest to have an interim type of date -- phone/skype/be creative. It might be awkward depending on how well it's going and such, but it's better than nothing, I think. I once did this. I think it was between a fourth and fifth, and it was only a week and a half, but still the shadchan thought it was too long to wait between beginning dates.

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Too Long Between Dates??
on: May 6, 2013, 8:07 PM

I def think you should do a phone date or skype as thinkingbygirl suggested

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.