Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side
growing

Dater

Send Message
Post The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side
on: August 7, 2013, 3:13 PM

This happens to me too often. I'm going out with one boy and then another boy says yes. Intellectually I realize that just because he sounds good on paper does not necessarily mean that he's as good as it sounds or that we will click. But I still find that it takes my mind off the boy I'm dating and makes it harder for me to make an intellectually honest decision.
Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any tips to share?
Thanks

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side
on: August 7, 2013, 4:42 PM

If I could give some advice from my experience, I dont know if it is applicable in your personal situation but I think that it may help alleviate this problem for you.

I personally have someone else whom I trust who is doing all of the research so this person would be the one contacted when a boy says yes and she is smart enough to know that if I am currently going out with someone else she knows not to tell me, because there is no reason for me to focus on any other shidduchim at that time. If or when it doesnt work out then she'd tell me that this other boy said yes. In my opinion there is no disadvantage to doing this since it allows me to judge each present shidduch independently without any biases like you describe...

just my 2 cents.. for what it is worth

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.