Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reading letters in the Kosel
just pray

Dater

Send Message
Post Reading letters in the Kosel
on: May 7, 2013, 12:32 PM

Hi there, so I had a question what you all thought. I was talking to a date about his life in Yeshiva while in Eretz Yisroel. He then told me a funny story how late one night the boy and his friends had a contest to find the strangest letter from the Kosel wall! I was horrified..he said why, guys do it all the time! He said that he wouldn't do it now..and that he was past that stage but was it really wrong then? I said yes, I think you were intruding on a very personal part of a persons life. He said that of course none of the boys knew who anybody was so why did it matter..I told him that the letters are not for us to read..he understood but he still tried to validate himself saying that it was fine to do it then because they were young and immature. Does the age of a Yeshiva guy give you a pass to do what ever you want? What do you think? Does that tell me something about the boy?

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Reading letters in the Kosel
on: May 7, 2013, 12:36 PM

Was he on the men's side or the ladies' side?

In People Speak there's this guy and his wife who help ppl by donig this.

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 1:06 PM

Nah He was doing it for entertainment! But I think we all do things were not proud of occasionally. What scares me more is the fact that he's proud of it and thought to brag about it on a date...

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 1:28 PM

It's wrong. But I agree with atara. The bigger issue is that he doesn't seem that remorseful....

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 1:30 PM

He probably just thought it was a really interesting thing to share - like you'd be curious as to what he read on them etc. Come on, don't we all love the old yerushalmi man and his wife's stories?
Like you said, he said he is past that stage now...
you said "he understood but but he still tried to validate himself saying that it was fine to do then because they were young and immature." I think that's bec he was on a date and people don't like to admit they were wrong under any circumstance, let alone when they are trying to impress someone. I'm not saying that is the right or mature way to handle things...but...it's understandable.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 4:15 PM

I think that the fact that he was young and immature at the time, and especially the fact that he was able to admit to having been immature makes it pretty much fine.

And I'm not bothered that he tried to justify it, because people always feel like they need to justify bad stuff they've done.

And boys who are 18-19 are a lot less mature than we are. So if he was 18-19, please don't judge him against yourself at that age. Judge him against your brother who is 18-19 and wouldn't know how to pick up his dirty sock if it was a lost puppy.

And, really, the story isn't so bad anyway.

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 7, 2013, 6:50 PM

Agree with feigy. And ever heard this one? "Don't judge me by my past; I don't live there anymore."

Sounds like he was just immature back then, and this makes for an interesting story. Don't think into it too much.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.07 seconds.