Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: He picked me up a mini van with two car seats in the back!!
Bayla

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post He picked me up a mini van with two car seats in the back!!

IS THIS NORMAL? No, this wasn't a joke and it was not either a proposal..like the guy who proposed saying so will you fill up this car with me? Sick, I know. But anyway that is not the point. I guess it was his sister's or sister in laws car but I mean who cares? Was that the only vehicle available..if so why couldn't he rent something decent? What do you think and what would you do? I can not believe that this happened to me and I am too embarrassed to even tell my friends..help!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: He picked me up a mini van with two car seats in the back!!

I'm not sure I get what is bothering you. Why don't you explain. If he borrowed his sister's, and it had car seats in the back, then why would he take them out?

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message

its a little strange but not the worst thing in the world. a lot of guys rely on their fathers car and let's say it wasnt available at the last minute and it was too late to go rent one...so he took his sisters car. i mean maybe the car seats are a little much but if thats the only thing thats bothering you then maybe speak to the shadchan and see if theres an explenation. if other things bother you too then you can just say no....

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message

And let me get this straight: you think he should rather spend 50-60 bucks renting a car than pick you up in a car that has car seats in it?

Wow, I'm glad you don't like him. Give him my number.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message

feigy123 - he couldve taken out the car seats as a small effort to make it as normal as possible.
i would definitly think its odd if a guy picked me up in a soccer mom van with car seats. but i would also try to see if theres an explanation or if its just neglegence on his part.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message

He could have taken out the seats, and that is a viable option. I was responding to the idea that he should have rented a car.

But, I'm still waiting for Bayla to explain what was bothering her about the car seats. I've been picked up in a car with car seats innumerable times, and it never bothered me at all. I don't care if the car is white, or grey, or black, or yellow, or has car seats, or is old or new or whatever. It's a car.

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message

good for you feigy!! you have your head in the right place.
but most girls would be a little weirded out if a guy showed up in a mini van with car seats....its really not regular.
but again, you gatta hear if theres a valid reason!
(and yes most guys would rent a car if possible, over taking a van with car seats -at least in my circles)

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

HAAAA i just had the same thing!! the guy pulled up with THREE car seats in the back. I made a funny joke abt it, like wow triples? he laughed and said his cousin lent him a car and it was too much trouble to take them out. Now I am worried if he is lazy. Any good questions I can ask him on the next date to find out if he is or not?

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message

at least he was honest about it! 😉

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

true... but now what?

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message

its not so much that he's lazy. it's more about not caring about details and what kind of impression hes going to make. its just neglegance. a guy who cares what the girl will think will take out 3 car seats no matter how lazy he is. in my opinion at least....

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message

You want to know if it means he is lazy? Well, it is only lazy to not do something if there is a good reason to do it.

So ask him if he thought it was weird to pick you up in a car that had car seats, and if he thought there was a good reason to take them out. If he says there was a good reason to take them out, then ask him how hard it would have been and why he didn't. More likely, he'll look slightly puzzled and say "it was a bit funny, but what is the big deal?"

And if it really bothers you that much, maybe explain to him why it bothers you and and ask him to take the seats out next time. (And if it happens to be my brother, and he asks my opinion, that will be your last date with him anyway.)

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

dancer90 i agree. you are right. it's prob chilled that he is and I shld just CHILL OUT!!

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message

yep!! he sounds like a chiller!! definitely!!

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

i hope that's all it is!

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message

but how do i know?

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message

Talk to him about it! If something is bothering you about him, and you feel like things are far enough along, I suggest open and honest communication.

meant2be

Dater

Send Message

Quote from heyhey on February 3, 2013, 3:24 PM
HAAAA i just had the same thing!! the guy pulled up with THREE car seats in the back. I made a funny joke abt it, like wow triples? he laughed and said his cousin lent him a car and it was too much trouble to take them out. Now I am worried if he is lazy. Any good questions I can ask him on the next date to find out if he is or not?

"Too much trouble taking them out"- is true to an extent- my sister- HATES unbuckling her car seats
bec its a hassle to restrap them in and always struggle to rebuckle them- making sure they are tightly secure.
So I understand about not wanting to unbuckle, but for a date, she would of course unbuckle them.
I drove on a second date with a guy when he flew in to date me, (i told him not to rent a car since I had one), and I drove a camry with 2 carseats (for my nephews) and it wasnt weird- for me anyway.
for me though, if a guy picked me up with a minivan and carseats, but he explained it, I'd still think it was weird but I'd be ok with it.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message

If his father's car wasn't available, chances are he did not pick up his sister's car expecting 3 car seats. Imagine this scene - he comes to his sister's house with a half hour (for example) drive ahead of him with if you include a little time for traffic, and he has forty minutes to make it there. (So maybe he should have left more than 10 minutes? Ok, it's not so unreasonable, you can't expect most guys to leave loads of time in advance) His sister gives him the keys and he says hello to her kids, and goes to the car. He is dismayed to find that there are the car seats - he has 5 minutes to leave if he is allowing time for traffic. So he quickly tries to move one of the car seats and it gets stuck, and he wastes two minutes on that. He's standing there sweating in his nice suit and tie, and then he realizes he doesn't even know where to put the seats when he gets them out. He calls desperately for his sister to come help and she can't, she's busy with her kids. So he gives up, figuring he's better off with the seats then coming late. He drives off and there is no traffic, so he's burning gas circling until it is time to pick you up.
Then he comes to pick you up and your still putting on your makeup, so he's standing around waiting for ten minutes, wincing as he realizes that he could have used these last fifteen minutes to get the car seats out of the car. Then you join him, and when you go to the car, you sweetly inquire about the car seats. He winces, but lightly says it was 'it was too much trouble to take them out'. And you thinks he's lazy, too chilled, or maybe your even okay with it - but what would you have done in his place?

Sari

Dating Maven

Send Message

That's a great story! It belongs in "the other side of the story" 🙂

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message

Yes, but I think the more important and likely limud zchus is that he had no idea there was any reason to take out the car seats.

And he's correct. The demands you are all making on the guys you date would send any normal guy fleeing for his life back to the dorm.

d-e1-9

Dater

Send Message

a lot of times it is really hard to instal car seats, so maybe who ever he borrowed the car from didn't want him to take them out. The truth is it shows you a little about his personality, he probably doesn't care so much about how things look and is more practical and down to earth. So now you know one more thing about him!

stuckinthe-
muck

Dater

Send Message
on: July 7, 2013, 2:34 PM

there is a joke thats been going around- how does a yeshivah bachur propose?? he picks up the girl in a fifteen seater and says "you wanna fill it up?!" lololololololol 😉

no seriously, maybe he was driving his sister's minivan...

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 7, 2013, 2:38 PM

Quote from feigy123 on February 5, 2013, 12:04 AM
Yes, but I think the more important and likely limud zchus is that he had no idea there was any reason to take out the car seats.

And he's correct. The demands you are all making on the guys you date would send any normal guy fleeing for his life back to the dorm.

exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread... 🙂

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 7, 2013, 3:31 PM

Someone once picked me up in a car with home brewing equipment in the back. 🙂

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 7, 2013, 3:32 PM

Quote from patcha on July 7, 2013, 3:31 PM

He better'd have at least offered you one.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 7, 2013, 3:38 PM

Quote from feigy123 on July 7, 2013, 3:32 PM

Quote from patcha on July 7, 2013, 3:31 PM

He better'd have at least offered you one.

Well, I'm sure he would have if he'd had one. And thought it was appropriate.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.141 seconds.