Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dating from camp
far rock-
gal

Dater

Send Message
Post dating from camp
on: July 21, 2013, 12:22 AM

Have u ever dated from camp? Pros? Cons? I need advice... Anyone had any experience with this? Should i just wait till i come home?

moori

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: dating from camp
on: July 21, 2013, 1:28 AM

Haven't done it though i was a roommate with someone who did. It definitely increases the stress of dating. If both of you can wait, then that may be an option. For my friend, it wasn't. Btw, they're married now.
pros: when she did get engaged, her simcha was shared with 500 girls. towards the end, she had 5 supportive roommates to lean on (though at first, before we realized it was serious, we were kinda immature about it, so that can go in the con list). dating is more casual because it's the catskills and it's the summer and there's not much to do.
cons: there's no way to be discreet. you don't have family around to help you. limited wardrobe (though if you go to camp thinking you're gonna date this summer, i suppose that won't happen).

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 21, 2013, 10:50 PM

never thought about it, it does sound kind of difficult, but if it with a guy that you already started going out with before camp and continue during camp that kinda makes sense to me, but to start something new from camp I think that it might make sense to wait until both of you get back if that is an option

BaisYaakov-
Maidel

Dater

Send Message
on: July 21, 2013, 11:45 PM

I'm from OOT so it's actually easier for me to date from camp! Normally every time I go out with someone from in town I either have to travel there or him to me, and it's such a hassle... Being in NY for a month in camp is actually much less stressful! Just saying!

2funny

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 28, 2013, 11:53 PM

It really depends on you. If the shidduch didn't work out and you don't care being seen by the whole camp after they saw you two together then do what you think is right.
Otherwise, if you do care, I would politely request that they put it on hold till you both get back to the city for "tznua" purposes and to keep things more private.
Hatzlacha!

2funny

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 28, 2013, 11:56 PM

But if you are already dating someone and you want to continue dating at camp, if he is ready to propose soon, you have the benefit of celebrating with 500 girls like moori's friend did.

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 30, 2013, 3:14 PM

it sounds really strange to date from camp! maybe not a later date but first few?? how does that work??

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.