Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Younger sibs getting married
hittheroof

Dater

Send Message
Post Younger sibs getting married
on: June 18, 2013, 11:35 AM

My younger sibs are getting married 🙁 It aint the best feeling being skipped and let alone all those comments that come along with it!!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Younger sibs getting married
on: June 18, 2013, 11:39 AM

I've got 2 younger siblings married, and a niece and two nephews from said siblings.

I'm so happy that things are working out well for them.

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 11:57 AM

hittheroof (and feigy): I can't imagine how hard that would be....i have 2 sisters right after me but they haven't started dating yet cuz they are still too young but just imagining what would happen if they skipped me is rlly painful...
BE STRONG and iy"H you will find the right one very very soon!!! 🙂

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 1:15 PM

Quote from feigy123 on June 18, 2013, 11:39 AM
I've got 2 younger siblings married, and a niece and two nephews from said siblings.

I'm so happy that things are working out well for them.

Wow. That's the right attitude.

I hope my reaction would be just like Feigy's.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 2:45 PM

Quote from hittheroof on June 18, 2013, 11:35 AM
My younger sibs are getting married 🙁 It aint the best feeling being skipped and let alone all those comments that come along with it!!

It must be very hard for you. The comments are like super annoying. Besides for "iy"H by you" which is a bracha, people should think before they say something. They are trying to be helpful but its hard to hear it. I hope that iy"H very soon you will find your bashert! 🙂

lukshenkug-
el

Dater

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 2:48 PM

"iy"h by you" is the best of the comments. How about "looks like passover is gonna have a new meaning for you this year" lol. I heard someone say that to a boy when his younger brother got engaged. For real!

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 5:38 PM

Quote from lukshenkugel on June 18, 2013, 2:48 PM
"iy"h by you" is the best of the comments. How about "looks like passover is gonna have a new meaning for you this year" lol. I heard someone say that to a boy when his younger brother got engaged. For real!

ouch.

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 11:51 PM

I think it is extremely painful, but it is so important that everyone just be normal and natural, not treat you like there is something wrong just because your sister is getting married!! (Yes, I am speaking from personal experience.) Or, one comment we got when two of my siblings got married very close together: "It is like a pickle jar, once you get one out, the rest come easily". My questiion is what hapens to the one that falls to the bottom, that one is much harder to get out. 🙂

hittheroof

Dater

Send Message
on: June 19, 2013, 12:43 PM

Quote from in the gap on June 18, 2013, 11:51 PM
Or, one comment we got when two of my siblings got married very close together: "It is like a pickle jar, once you get one out, the rest come easily". My questiion is what hapens to the one that falls to the bottom, that one is much harder to get out. 🙂

That's what they keep telling me now... I'm stuck in the jar 😀 😛 , can't get out!!

moori

Dater

Send Message
on: June 23, 2013, 2:55 PM

I can't tell you about how it feels to have a younger sibling marry before you (and I never will, because I am the youngest) but here's the thing: you will get stupid comments. You will get them if a younger sibling marries before you. You will get them if an older sibling marries before you. As long as there is more than one shidduch aged person in your home, the stupid comments will come.
When my older sister got married, everyone kept telling me about how good it is to have a green light. I felt that was an awful commentary about my sister as if to say that she wouldn't let me marry before her. She was the one who pushed me into dating. And thankfully she found her bashert before me, it was just the way it was supposed to happen. (I got the pickle comment too. And ppl asking me if I ever heard about the pickle. But the comment about Passover??!!! 😮 😮 😮 )

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 23, 2013, 6:57 PM

I was told that it is like trying to pull of wallpaper. If it stays in one piece, then all of it comes easily. But if you pull and only half of it comes off, good luck scraping the rest.

I wasn't sure how that was meant to be mechazek me. I suppose it was intended to tell me I'd better marry the next one no matter what or I'd be toast.

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 24, 2013, 9:59 AM

Quote from feigy123 on June 23, 2013, 6:57 PM
I was told that it is like trying to pull of wallpaper. If it stays in one piece, then all of it comes easily. But if you pull and only half of it comes off, good luck scraping the rest.

I wasn't sure how that was meant to be mechazek me. I suppose it was intended to tell me I'd better marry the next one no matter what or I'd be toast.

That's an interesting one.

Toast is good though. I like toast.

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 1, 2013, 7:23 AM

Quote from patcha on June 24, 2013, 9:59 AM

Quote from feigy123 on June 23, 2013, 6:57 PM

That's an interesting one.

Toast is good though. I like toast.

LOL! you guys crack me up 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.247 seconds.