Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Updating resume
life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Updating resume
on: April 9, 2013, 1:20 PM

I'm updating my resume, and I have a few questions -

Of the three friends I have listed, one just got married, and I told her I wouldn't bother her for a month. Should I switch her for someone else before I send it to anyone, if I know that they will be looking into me right away? She is in her week of sheva brachos.

Another of those three friends is getting married in three weeks. Should I put the last name she will soon have on the resume, in ( )?

One of my married references is my ex-boss. We have a good relationship, but she isn't my supervisor anymore. Should I leave her as supervisor, so it's clear how she knows me, or change it to family friend?

Should I include when I am supposed to graduate from college?

I know it's a lot of semantics... but hey, why have mistakes if I have time to think about it?

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Updating resume
on: April 9, 2013, 5:37 PM

1. Leave her on. Tell her to feel free to ignore calls, or just to put her husband on the line who will explain she is in sheva brachos and is not talking. Because people will be using this in 3 weeks also (we hope not, but they might be).

2. Sure, put last name along with maiden name in parentheses.

3. Yes, just list it as "former supervisor".

Bracha

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 10, 2013, 3:39 AM

Well said feigy123!!!

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 11, 2013, 8:30 PM

i agree with feigy 123
dont put the single frnds future married until after the wedding
if you have other married friends you should put them on instead of single friends Reb Kaminetsky is very against single references
also it does make it easier for people to write the year you graduated college but if ur currently in college dont put when you graduate

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.059 seconds.