Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to reply back when...
daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post What to reply back when...
on: June 18, 2013, 10:47 AM

Someone saids so are you dating anyone? I've been having this problem since forever. And the fact that mostly the whole society asks that as one of their top questions drives me insane and just adds that added pressure which I already have! I seriously don't need it. And I know people mean well, and I know their not doing it to intently hurt me, but seriously is that the only thing I should live for!? I feel like after replying no, its like nebach she's still single and nothing to be excited about. And I know that's how the world works but I know other people get annoyed to with this question.
And like I don't mind it from my close friends because that's what friends talk about.. but from everyone else is just annoying and frustrating..

So my question is.. What do you usually reply back? People have said to me, say why do you know someone for me? But I feel like that's kinda of snarky to reply back. And I'm looking for something a little bit more tactful.. Any ideas?

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: What to reply back when...
on: June 18, 2013, 11:08 AM

People have said to me, say why do you know someone for me? But I feel like that's kinda of snarky to reply back. And I'm looking for something a little bit more tactful.. Any ideas?

That's definitely more tactful than anything I'd say. 🙂

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 12:56 PM

Lol, I guess your'e right that is pretty tactful.. Maybe I should just stick with that. Although I feel desperate saying that.. there's no win win 😕

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 2:10 PM

Quote from daysfan24 on June 18, 2013, 12:56 PM
Lol, I guess your'e right that is pretty tactful.. Maybe I should just stick with that. Although I feel desperate saying that.. there's no win win 😕

It's not desperate, it's practical.
Unless you really think it is a waste of time. Then say something like, B"H I'm busy with work. And how are you doing?

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 18, 2013, 11:54 PM

Or just say, "oh that was so sweet of you to think of me. What Yeshiva is he learning in?" That will often leave a person remembering not ot say such things again if she is not serious.

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 19, 2013, 7:06 PM

good ideas, thanks guys!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 20, 2013, 12:21 PM

People might be asking it because they might know someone for you.
You can say if you'd like,
"Nope not at the moment, do you know someone i might be interested in?"
"I am in the middle of something right now.., but if it doesn't work out then can i get in touch with you/ do you know someone?"

Hope these ideas are helpful! 🙂

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 20, 2013, 12:41 PM

Good ideas basmelech- like those too! I actually saw something on pinterest which is so apropos to what I asked!!

" No I am not single, I am in a long distance relationship because my boyfriend lives in the future"

I don't know if I'd actually say it, it might depend to whom I'm speaking too... lol

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.