Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: seminary
heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post seminary
on: February 11, 2013, 12:46 AM

My little sister just got her acceptance letters back from seminary. She applied to 2 top seminaries and did not get accepted to either. She was in her room crying for the first hour, i felt terrible. any suggestions? anyone have a similar experience with themselves or with a sibling, friend, etc. I want to be there for her so badly but at the same time not step on her toes...

thank you in advance!

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: seminary
on: February 11, 2013, 2:31 AM

same thing just happened to my sister! she's an amazing girl with good grades (and im not biased at all lol) and she didnt get into the 2 sems she applied to and was also devestated and crying....i felt terrible for her...
but after sympathizing with her and comforting her, we discussed two things. but let me preface by saying that it doesnt help at all to preach hashkafos...as i said, after she "finished being sad" (whatever that means lol), knowing my sister, i knew she was ready for pointed discussion. and let me preface it by saying DISCUSSION. she came to these realizations alone. 1: don't let them tell you if you are a good girl or not. you know u are and the fact that you didnt get in doesnt take away from ur value...and 2: it's all bashert and wherever u end up going will be the best seminary for you. we think we know where's good for us but Hashem knows you better and knows where's good for you.....(you can for sure finish the rest of that one!)
but anyways i wish your sister much hatzlocha!!!! i hope she's happy....

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 12:14 AM

oy! our poor sisters!! i feel terrible.

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 1:10 AM

hows ur sister doing?

keepsmilin-
g123

Dater

Send Message
on: February 17, 2013, 9:28 PM

Hi 🙂
When I applied to seminaries, I also didn't get into my two choices, so I know exactly how your sisters feel. I think once I stepped back a little, I realized that it was all from Hashem and I just persevered. I went to my principal and ended up in a different seminary and I absolutely loved it. Looking back, I think I would be miserable in either of the two seminaries that I applied to.
It's not easy and it's hard, but once your sisters make it over this mountain, IY"H they will look back and thank Hashem for where they ended up.
Hatzlacha Rabbah!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.