Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCREAM!
Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post SCREAM!
on: June 9, 2013, 12:47 AM

I feel like I need to scream right now!!!!
Who's with me on that!!!?????
1 2 3
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
A AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAjiAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: SCREAM!
on: June 9, 2013, 11:23 AM

Wow. That was "loud" you couldve burst my in inshidduchim eardrums! 😉
Hope you feel better now. 😀

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 10, 2013, 9:31 AM

Hope you feel better gayil! whatever it is you had to scream about, we're here for ya!

DeepThinke-
r

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 9:38 PM

I don't know how to start a new topic so just gonna post here because I really feel like screaming..! Basicly a very good boy was red to me from a very good yeshiva....but my mother is turned off because she says she knows the mother and thinks she is tough and shes just turned off....I tried explaining to her that its the boy that's important and of course u want a nice mother in law but....its just not the main priority...what should I do???

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 10:20 PM

My mother said the same thing about another boy('s mother) recently 🙁 I know how u feel... Why don't you try to ask someone she respects to speak to her about it? Or you can make her feel guilty and start talking about emunah in shidduchim and that if he is redt to you and HE is a good boy, then if it is bashert then the mother in law will not be an issue.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 10:26 PM

you can always try the screaming method 🙂
but srsly, i agree with TTDWR (well, not good to give mom a mussar shmooze, but the other idea)

DeepThinke-
r

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 10:41 PM

so ttdwr what did you do about it when it happened with your mother....? I think my mother will still look into it...but shes just not into it....

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: January 2, 2014, 11:50 PM

A tough mother in law is the last thing u need. I went thru the same thing & thut to myself that I get along w everyone...so big ddeal..but u really shud find out what kind of tough she is cuz mother inlaws can ruin a marrige or chas vshalom make ones life missreble so dont take it lightly. If u think its s/t u cab live w go for it good luck

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: January 3, 2014, 1:54 AM

I didn't push because I agreed that the shidduch was not for me for other reasons that she told me about after the situation with the mother, but if I still wanted it I probably would have done one or both of those things. I probably would have chosen the latter, because it is less of a hassle and I am very logical, so it is easy for me to persuade people of things...

If you personally don't think that having a tough mother-in-law would intrude in your marriage, then go for it, but as Gayil said definitely check out... Does the boy have any married siblings? Can you find out how they feel about their mother-in-law and/or what her relationship with them is like. ALSO make sure he is not a "Mama's boy"... seriously dangerous combination...

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: January 3, 2014, 8:12 AM

just one other thing to point out: who your mother considers difficult may not be difficult for you. everyone has that personality that bothers them for some unknown reason, and this may be hers, but not yours.

batsheva60-

Dater

Send Message
on: March 12, 2014, 3:48 AM

I believe that an important thing to keep in mind in situations like these is that it is you who is looking for a husband and not your mother, father, siblings, friends ect.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.108 seconds.