Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oi newlyweds!!
Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Oi newlyweds!!
on: June 2, 2013, 1:36 PM

Anyone else have experience with this? I'm talking to my recently married friend on the phone and she suddenly says all in one breath "omgmyhusbandjustcamehomeIhavetogobye click" 😯
Why just because her husbands home does she have to get off the phone right away?????? Can't she pleasantly end the conversation first???? 🙄 I mean I did know her before he did!!!!! 😆

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Oi newlyweds!!
on: June 2, 2013, 2:06 PM

That must have been hurtful 🙁 Try to understand that she is in "lalaland" in other words shana rishona. im sure she didnt mean to be rude it sounds like she wasnt expecting her husband to come home right then. Maybe she thought he would think shes being rude by speaking on the phone instead of greeting him when he walked in so she got flustered and quickly hung up on you. You can try to speak to her and explain how you felt when she did that. Hatzlacha! 🙂

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 2:33 PM

I would just let it go. That is the way most girls are and if it hurts you, then try to arrange with her times when he for sure won't be around to talk. She means well, and is just not sure regarding her conflicting roles that she is presently dealing with.

chaykie

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 3:58 PM

i think if a newlywed is expecting her husband to come home soon, she shouldnt start a whole conversation, she should explain he's coming home and its not a good time, she'll call you when she's available. she does belong to her husband now, he is her top priority, as she is his.

cool nerd

Dater

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 6:18 PM

I've had this happen to me too. But I don't thinks this problem is exclusive to newlyweds. My parents have been married for decades and my mother still hangs up the phone every time my father comes home. Her reasoning she only gets to see him for a little bit every evening and feels that he deserves her full attention from the minute he walks through the door. I think every relationship should be like this even though it might be painful being on the other side of the fence.

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 2, 2013, 8:33 PM

That is beautiful cn! 😀
but in any case a person should say goodbye nicely not just abruptly hang up. If its done nicely it shouldn't be painful. Ex. I really would love to continue this conversation and i want to hear what happened with your cake... 😉 but my husband just walked in. How about if I call you back in 1 hour...?
Bracha613 was probably insulted because it was said "all in one breath "omgmyhusbandjustcamehomeIhavetogobye click"" in bracha613's scenario i think she was not expecting him to walk in and was flustered so that is why she did that.
Especially since she is a newlywed she probably wasn't sure how to react appropriately. If bracha613 wants to she can point it out or just let it go knowing the reasoning behind what she did. 🙂

Sari

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 15, 2013, 11:39 PM

Seriously!
I sometimes think that instead of being called BFF it should be called BFTM!

partytime

Dater

Send Message
on: June 16, 2013, 1:22 AM

BFTM? what does that stand for?

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 16, 2013, 9:24 AM

best friend til married

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: June 25, 2013, 3:05 PM

I think the best thing is the tell your friend while you're on the phone that your husband should be coming home soon and you'll need to go when he does. But that only works if you're expecting your husband. That way you can tell your friend, when your husband walks in, something like "Ok, (friend's name), I'm gonna now! Great talking with you."

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.117 seconds.