Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to trust your judgement again
daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post How to trust your judgement again
on: February 16, 2015, 10:52 PM

Does anyone feel- (esp after you've broken up with someone) about not trusting your judgement and letting it cloud your mind? I know myself well (at least I like to think so!) and went out with this guy who I really really thought was for me. I've dated so many guys and this was the first guy I thought had everything. We were almost near engagement. In the end, we had too many problems that wouldn't sustain as a couple and we broke it off. But, I'm scared I won't know how to properly evaluate and judge my next relationship when I was incredibly wrong with this one when I thought it was so right in so many ways. Needless to say, it's also hard and I'm trying to get over him, as this was just recent. Anyways, ladies, any insight or similar situations would definitely be appreciative right now! Thanks.

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: How to trust your judgement again
on: April 18, 2015, 5:45 PM

hi...just saw this now and thought i would just let you know that I have been in a very similar situation and it is definitely REALLY hard..........i also really felt like I would never be able to trust my judgement again, etc. 😕

and of course even if something is not right and you are the one to break it off, it is still REALLY painful and hard. even just to be back in the dating scene when you thought you were going to get married is very hard (and we are not even talking about the tremendous hurt of a lost relationship -even if it was the right decision and this couldnt have worked out, bottom line, you don't have this person in your life anymore, and that is still a really hard thing)

but i think its sort of like riding a bike- you dont really forget how to judge well...meaning,the next time i dated someone (which was a long time after b/c i was so scared of making a wrong decision) , it came back to me, and baruch hashem i feel like i WAS able make a good decision. so yeah it was very scary but we're smarter than we think! so hashem should give you koach and obviously daven to have clarity and make the right decisions...

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 18, 2015, 5:45 PM

oops posted twice by accident..ok deleted second post

SL613

Dater

Send Message
on: June 29, 2015, 11:48 PM

it happened to me as well and it is really REALLY hard. not only in trusting judgement, but also allowing yourself to go out and try again. i dated someone for nearly three months and then we ended it. now, months later, i'm happy that i'm not married to him and ive moved on, but i think that theres still "after effects" that remain from ending that relationship. its hard to put the pieces back together after investing so much time and emotional energy, but time does heals and YOU CAN DO IT!!! hatzlacha rabba and may u find your zivug soon!
i feel comforted in knowing that im not alone in this struggle or situation (tho im sad that others had to go through it too)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.085 seconds.