Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Benching
life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Benching
on: June 14, 2013, 3:21 PM

I went to a beautiful wedding last night, B"H, and left very late. When I got home I was really upset because I realized I hadn't benched. The second dance was really long. Usually I bench right after I eat, but because I kept getting myself drinks I didn't 'finish eating'. Also, when I get a ride with someone else, it isn't like I'm staying for the sheva berachos bentching - which would help. This has happened before at weddings. Anyone else have this, any ideas? I'm pretty sure halachically you aren't supposed to bentch and then make another bracha for drinking, which would be the easy solution.

Bracha

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Benching
on: June 14, 2013, 3:35 PM

My father said you should wash and make Hamotzi again when you get home then bentch.

He also said that it would actually be better to Bentch before the dancing since when you get thirsty from dancing it's actually very questionable whether you should make a Bracha since the drinking has nothing to do with the meal.
He also said that if you are going to Bentch before the end of the Chasuna you have to in mind when you wash that you are going to leave early and not wait for Bentching.
Hope this helps 😛

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: June 14, 2013, 3:45 PM

That does! Thanks!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: June 16, 2013, 12:52 AM

Thanks life123 and bracha for the question and answer. 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.052 seconds.