Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "BAD" seminary name
Miriam

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post "BAD" seminary name

Yelp..I have this problem again! I keep getting redt to good guys but when they hear where I went to Sem they get turned off. I mean, nobody has said it like that but I feel that they are not able to get past that part to look into me more. Yes, I do agree that certain seminary's have more of a certain type but is it a rule? Can't there be an exception to the rule? Just because my year was a bad year and had a bad group of girls do I Need to suffer and have the good guys that I think I would really like say no to me? It is so frustrating..and what do I do? Have my friends tell the mothers..like, yea, I know she went there but the girls weren't her type? If only it even got to that point. I feel like it would have been better to not even go at all. So many times right off the bat the mother or boy says no. It's a real problem because the type of boy that I want to marry is looking into girls or many times only girls from a very specific seminary. Now what? Am I doomed for life?

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: "BAD" seminary name

i think your forgetting that there is a GOD running the world

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message

I agree with atararox. Also, how do you know that boys are saying no specifically because of the seminary you went to? There's no real way to know that. It's very possible that it's other things combined with this that makes these mothers decide that it isn't a good match. Listen, if you are meant to go out with someone it will work out for you no matter what kind of name the seminary you went to has!

kd2012

Dater

Send Message
on: February 10, 2013, 12:58 AM

believe me, i get that too! i went to one high school, and a sem of a totally opposite extreme! when i meet shadchanim, they look at me in shock. "You went to THAT sem after THAT high school?????" Its all up to Hashem!

sara hi

Dater

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 2:55 PM

maybe you could also look in to boys who you think are "not your type". you could be surprised! b/c it sounds like you're also looking into a very specific type. forgive me for being judgemental, i'm just giving advice, which i give to myself also.
good luck!

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 4:27 PM

sara hi: why should she have to settle for things that are important to her just cuz of the seminary she went to? it doesnt sound like she's being too specific; sounds like she is just looking for someone more "to the right" than her seminary...is that being too picky? i dont think so!

sara hi

Dater

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 4:48 PM

i'm just saying that just like she went to a certain seminary that seems to be not her type according to others, maybe her basherte went to a yeshivah that has a certain name she thinks is not for her but really he could be so amazing for her and exactly what she's looking for! hopefully, the boys will see her for who she is but i think we've all got to look beyond the labels if that's what we want others to do to us

heyhey

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 5:02 PM

Quote from kd2012 on February 10, 2013, 12:58 AM
believe me, i get that too! i went to one high school, and a sem of a totally opposite extreme! when i meet shadchanim, they look at me in shock. "You went to THAT sem after THAT high school?????" Its all up to Hashem!

sooooo annoying! pple need to learn "don't judge a book by its cover!"

inshidduch-
im613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 5:23 PM

Quote from sara hi on February 12, 2013, 4:48 PM
i'm just saying that just like she went to a certain seminary that seems to be not her type according to others, maybe her basherte went to a yeshivah that has a certain name she thinks is not for her but really he could be so amazing for her and exactly what she's looking for! hopefully, the boys will see her for who she is but i think we've all got to look beyond the labels if that's what we want others to do to us

ok. i'll agree with u on that one 🙂

thinkingBY-
girl

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 7:01 PM

Quote from heyhey on February 12, 2013, 5:02 PM
sooooo annoying! pple need to learn "don't judge a book by its cover!"

I'm with you on that, but we all do it. How else can we figure out who to date? Even looking into someone and doing extensive research is akin to superficial judgement. You can only really know who someone is by getting to know him/her personally. So there's a little of this pre-judging that we have to do to attempt to hook ballpark prospectives. For example, although a seminary that someone went to may not say anything about her, yet the fact that she went to that seminary might. Meaning, she may not be like the typical (if there is such a thing) student who goes there, but she still went there. As an example to explain the distinction, let's say a girl went to a really right-wing strictly frum seminary where they preach bread, water, and Torah. She may not be like that per se, but she still went there, so it means that she's probably comfortable with that crowd and those hashkafos. Schools, seminaries, yeshivos, etc generally mean something, though not necessarily what people think they may mean off the cuff.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.