Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Annoying Things People Say
laykay

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Annoying Things People Say
on: April 28, 2013, 9:38 AM

Lately ive been getting a lot of annoying comments and often I'm left feeling dumb with nothing sharp to respond.Here is a list of annoying/insensitive things people say...please add your own experiences, and if you have any good responses that are quick and get the point across please share.

1. " You havta get married already! What's taking so long" (said jokingly by married frineds)

2." You're too picky"

3."It will come when you're least expecting it" (really? so you're saying i should stop expecting it to happen?)

4." Whatever happended with (insert exes name here)? I think he's still single. You should try again with him. He was nice."

5. "Appreciate your single years!"

6."No one knows you! you have to get out there more and meet more people!"

7."You should smile more/wear your hair differently/wear more makeup."

8. "You're so young! What are you in such a rush for?"

Haha! can anyone relate or am i the only one? 😉 😉 😉

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Annoying Things People Say
on: April 28, 2013, 2:19 PM

OMG I'm getting upset just looking at this list! 😛

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 28, 2013, 3:01 PM

hate to say it but #6 can be true! Not saying you specifically, laykay, but if you just go to your little office and home again every day, you really do need to get out more! Shiurim, going away to diff people for shabbos, going to shul and not always the same one - not so hard but important!

LuvAhuva

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 28, 2013, 3:10 PM

Sorry life123 but the only one who needs to know you is Hashem! I don't agree with that! I work in a place with a million people for almost 3 yrs and they have set me up, I have tons of cousins and a big family and im still not married! My friend who comes from a family of 3 and worked in a 1 girl office was married at 20! Nothing to do with who u know!

bitachon

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 28, 2013, 6:20 PM

#3 i went through the "not expecting it stage" already
#5 don't worry i am

I can def commiserate
how about
9. You know "mrs shdchan a" made (fill in your friends name here) shidduch. Have you called any shadchanim
response 1) that is not up for discussion (try it, it really works!!)
2) (if you want to be curt) no....I never thought of it, thank you so much..(a bit sarcastic though)

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 28, 2013, 10:45 PM

If you work in a small office and have a family like mine, getting out is a good idea! Especially if your parents aren't into it! Not saying it can;t happen anyway but lots off pll had their shidduchim made by getting out more!

in the gap

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 29, 2013, 11:26 AM

I can definitely relate to number 5. People treat it as if they are jealous of us, but how would they know what it feels like?

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: April 29, 2013, 11:34 AM

Quote from in the gap on April 29, 2013, 11:26 AM
I can definitely relate to number 5. People treat it as if they are jealous of us, but how would they know what it feels like?

Yes, but neither to we know how bad it is for them.

Maybe the people who say that are the ones who have bad marriages. Yes, that is a good idea--next time someone says that say "Is your marriage that bad? Are you afraid for your safety? You can call me anytime to discuss it."

sarala

Dater

Send Message
on: May 1, 2013, 12:43 AM

Also it's not such a smart move on their part since hey- do they want to to want to stay single- the longer you're on the market, the more settled you are in to life. It's a big jump to get married, and easier when you're young and idealistic. so we should try to be encouraged to move on in life not to stay put. and yea, i do believe in making the most of every "single" minute

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 5, 2013, 11:37 PM

i dont know why people say stupid things...why is it that when they see a girl without a shaitel they automatically spit out one of these comments? you think we want to be reminded every second of our status? dw- we think and worry about it more than enough

atararox

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 4:39 PM

They try to be helpful! My married friends especially are very proud that they are married and they feel they are now eligible to give me all the practical dating advice even though they married the first guys they went out with! 😀 I mean sometimes they are helpful cuz I guess they are on the other side of the fence so in a way they so know what rlly counts in a relationship but still sometimes the comments from the peanut gallery are not so necessary... Especially number 1! I've had friends tell me that too!

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 3:46 AM

2), 7), 8) all said often 🙂

Can I add some more?

9) You are giving the wrong impression to people that is why you are getting redt those shidduchim.
10) Do you have a good enough reason for saying No?...(answer) That's nothing do you have a real reason?
11) Do you know what you are looking for?

Anyway let us enjoy the single years while we can! 🙂 5)

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 12:04 PM

Anyone else get this from grandparents?

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 12, 2013, 5:24 PM

life123, there is an unofficial rule: grandmothers mean well but they can be really hard to deal with sometimes. I'll give you a personal example. After one date my grandmother was talking to me and she said, "so your chosson..." i mean no pressure really 😉
Your (first one) grandmother sounds to me to be struggling with something. Not sure what it is exactly, but keep in mind that it is NOT YOU THAT HAS THE PROBLEM it is her. Sorry dont mean to say anything bad against her. Just know that when she tells you to do that it is because she is struggling. If you want a learning boy that is WHAT YOU WANT if she wants a doctor or lawyer that is what SHE WANTS. Dont confuse the two! Please dont let her pressure get to you. Sounds like your father knew how to handle it well. Hatzlacha! May H-shem help you find the right one that is good for YOU really soon!! 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.106 seconds.