Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yichud
pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Yichud
on: August 20, 2013, 8:07 PM

I went out with a boy, and he told me that he was listening to a Shiur on Hilchos Yichud amd the Rav said that if a boy and girl are going out and they find themselves on a deserted road. The boy should get out and go into the trunk and the girl should drive 😀 .
Have you ever heard of that?
Has that ever happened to you?

PurplePrin-
cess

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Re: Yichud
on: August 20, 2013, 8:42 PM

He pulled a fast one on you. That sounds absurd!! I hope it's not true!

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 20, 2013, 9:09 PM

Going out tomorrow I'll try to get some more info 😀

lukshenkug-
el

Dater

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 12:05 AM

wow, he is either tricking you or needs help.....

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 12:26 AM

my brother told me he heard a posek speak and said that driving from Monsey to NYC might have yichud issues with regards to the deserted roads, if I remember correctly I think he said it was only a problem at night, and no he didn't say anything about the trunk... lol

(please do not quote me but I think he said it was Rabbi Feurst from chicago)

shaynapuni-
m

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 12:31 AM

From here: http://www.cckollel.org/parsha_encounters/5769/bo.pdf

Yichud in a Car
Hagaon R’ Moshe Feinstein ZT”Ldiscusses whether there is a problem of yichud while driving in a car. Rav Moshe rules that although people can see into the car, since the driver can easily drive off the road into a secluded area it is a problem of yichud. However, if it is a pressing circumstance, R’ Moshe rules that one may be lenient. Most poskim do not agree with R’ Moshe in this matter and permit a woman to be alone in a car with a man. These poskim hold that we are not concerned that the driver will drive into a secluded area. Therefore as long as people can see into the car (if the windows are tinted it is sufficient that people can see through the windshield) and one is not on a deserted road there is no problem of yichud inside a car. (Some poskim define a deserted road as a road in which a car will not pass you within a time span of 10-15 minutes.)

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 10:04 AM

If the guy is driving, he's kinda restricted in what else he can do, I would think. So as long as his hands are on 10 and 2 (is it 9 and 3 now?), yichud shouldn't be a problem.

hello

Dater

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 10:29 AM

Quote from Princess Lea on August 21, 2013, 10:04 AM
If the guy is driving, he's kinda restricted in what else he can do, I would think. So as long as his hands are on 10 and 2 (is it 9 and 3 now?), yichud shouldn't be a problem.

But yichud isn't a problem only when the man does something he shouldn't do. Yichud is violated when a man and woman are secluded such that there is more of a possibility that they will give in to temptation and do something they shouldn't do.

hello

Dater

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 11:22 AM

It doesn't sound completely absurd to me. A man and woman are allowed to be alone in a house if the woman locks herself into a room and the lock can only be undone by her. Locking the guy in the trunk accomplishes the same thing.
I heard that if a couple finds themselves in a yichud situation like this then one of them should use a cell phone to call someone, and since the person on the other end of the line can hear everything going on in the car, it could be that it is no longer considered yichud. That would be a more pleasant solution than dumping the guy in the trunk 🙂

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 8:48 PM

Exactly! He said that if the lady locks the door it's not Yichud according to many Poskim. So if he's in the trunk he can't get to her so it's like the door is locked.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: August 21, 2013, 9:19 PM

Yeesh, pray today! What a discussion for a date!

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 23, 2013, 4:42 PM

Quote from life123 on August 21, 2013, 9:19 PM
Yeesh, pray today! What a discussion for a date!

Yeah 😀 I agree.

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: August 29, 2013, 11:00 PM

did you let him out of the trunk yet???

CS

Dater

Send Message
on: May 31, 2015, 1:56 AM

idk but any of u but this really cracked me up! i mean the discussion of whts yichud is valid but the whole trunk thing =) =) lol

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.