Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skype Date
Liba

Dater

Send Message
Post Skype Date
on: May 8, 2013, 6:52 PM

Has anyone here ever done a skype date? Just curious how it works. Do you just get the top half of yourself dressed? lol
Is it hard to make conversation when he isn't really with you?

dancer90

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Skype Date
on: May 8, 2013, 9:30 PM

Never did it but I could imagine u put on makeup and make urself as beautiful as u like .... Good luck!

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 8, 2013, 9:45 PM

I imagine its as awkward (conversation-wise) as you let it be...if you won't let it be awkward, then it won't. Just try to be light and don't try too hard. Be natural. You can make a joke about the skype thing at the beginning if you think it will break the ice....just don't overthink things.
Good Luck and have fun! 😉

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 21, 2013, 10:15 PM

skype has this way of making people look SOOO unattractive!!

rosepetal5

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 27, 2013, 11:53 AM

I think the weirdest thing about Skype is that you can't actually have any eye contact. IF you look at the person on the screen, it makes you look like you're looking down!

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 27, 2013, 11:57 AM

Look at the camera with one eye, and at the person's face with the other eye. This takes practice, but by your 500th skype date or so, you should be a pro.

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: November 21, 2013, 3:35 PM

It doesn't work for a first date IMO, but once you've traveled once or twice (or he has) you can follow up with a Skype date. And yeah, you could be wearing pajama pants and he would never know! Some people like to get nicely dressed head to toe because it puts them in a certain state of mind and I totally get that, but I prefer to be comfy.

Just make sure you have a good connection. Nothing kills a good date more than "hello? are you still there?" "hang on, the picture disappeared, let me see if I can restart it" etc.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.087 seconds.