Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question
Bracha

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Question
on: July 2, 2013, 3:49 PM

Anyone know if there is a Halachik problem to wear a girdle on a date?

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Question
on: July 2, 2013, 3:56 PM

What is a girdle?

basmelech

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 5:37 PM

I dont think so, but dont rely on this please. Why would there be a problem?

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 6:25 PM

Just guessing, but are you talking about falsely representing yourself? Because in that case I don't think anyone
is going to look like they did on their first date, the morning after their wedding 🙂

Although don't rely on this either please!

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 6:39 PM

I can't imagine that there could possibly be a problem with wearing a girdle - unless you're wearing an extremely tight outfit and are using it to have a more flattering figure...

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 6:41 PM

Quote from patcha on July 2, 2013, 3:56 PM
What is a girdle?

like spandex - an undergarment that tightens and shapes your body into a more flattering shape.

Bracha

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 6:42 PM

Quote from s. on July 2, 2013, 6:25 PM
Just guessing, but are you talking about falsely representing yourself?

Yes sorry I didn't explain myself. I meant that he's not seeing what you really look like. But then again it doesn't make such a big difference. Anyone ever heard anything about this?

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 6:47 PM

Well, what's the difference between that and wearing very nice makeup or clothing? Everyone tries to make themselves look extra special on a first date. 🙂

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: July 2, 2013, 6:49 PM

Did someone tell you that it's wrong because of that? If so, maybe you should ask a Rav...but I highly doubt he'll say it's a problem.
Girdles don't totally change the way you look...they just enhance it. It's like if you would lose 10 lbs before the date but by the next one you gain it back. I doubt that would change most guys' opinions of the girl.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 3, 2013, 2:53 AM

There's some anecdote from a yeshiva in Europe about that the guy was short and wanted to wear platform shoes, but didn't want to trick his date into thinking he was taller.

But if it bothers her, she can just make him wear them after they're married too.

But maybe she thinks he is really this tall, and intends to make him wear platform shoes to be even taller!

(In any event, my answer to this question is that it's ok the first date or two, but it seems funny to me if you always wear it. And yes, it is very different from wearing makeup--and not only because he knows you are wearing makeup. So how about if you think it doesn't matter to him--tell him.)

s.

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: July 4, 2013, 12:48 PM

i agree with TryToDoWhatsRight...I think its like very well done makeup, it doesn't completely change the way you look, but definitely enhances your figure. it takes off a few pounds but not anything too noticeable that he would notice a huge change on the next date.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: July 4, 2013, 1:11 PM

Quote from s. on July 4, 2013, 12:48 PM
i agree with TryToDoWhatsRight...I think its like very well done makeup, it doesn't completely change the way you look, but definitely enhances your figure. it takes off a few pounds but not anything too noticeable that he would notice a huge change on the next date.

There is a difference from makeup. He knows you are wearing makeup.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.085 seconds.