Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Phone on a date?
Avigail

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Phone on a date?

What's the " rule" with going on a date with a cellphone?
My father insists that i take it with me, "just in case" but he doesn't get it i don't have something to hold it in,and def. not going to just hold it.Also, he has one just in case.
My friend once brought it with her in her coat and the boy came out of the bathroom and she was " caught" texting. The boy even asked what's going on and she mad up some story.
I am of course not talking where you have to meet in a spot or your lost etc.
Talking reg. situation pick up from house, hotel lobby drop off by your house.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Phone on a date?

If wearing a coat, definitely bring. Otherwise, nothing wrong with bringing a small purse.

And I don't know why you say she was "caught"; she wasn't doing anything wrong.

Princess-
Lea

Dating Pro

Send Message

Why must everything be a "rule"?

I have a clutch which I take on all my dates containing a cell phone, credit card, and some cash all as "just in case." Sometimes any sort of situation can arise and you have to phone home or need money. Even having it with you makes you feel at ease that you are not at the mercy of a complete stranger.

Tell Tatty that you don't have anything to put the phone into, and maybe he'll spring for a clutch @ Coach.

Shaindy

Dating Maven

Send Message

Yea, go for it! I do find though that having "something" with you can be awkward..like are you taking it with you where ever you go? Are you walking around with it?

meant2be

Dater

Send Message

Quote:
I have a clutch which I take on all my dates containing a cell phone, credit card, and some cash all as "just in case."

ME TOO. I would never go out with a phone and some money and my Id. It gives me peace of mind that if needed I am prepared and can take care of myself. 🙂

Smile

Dater

Send Message

I always take my cell phone, license and some cash just in case... One boy did asked me if I had a cell phone on me because he did not have his with him!

Smile91

Dater

Send Message
on: February 12, 2013, 9:10 PM

My dad told me that I must take a phone and some money with me, never know if date will end up really awful, and he'll dump you in middle of nowhere. Course I doubt that'll ever happen, but you can never be too safe....

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 18, 2013, 9:48 AM

i always take my phone AND lipstick+gloss 🙂 oh- and once we needed a phone to make reservations and the guys didnt have service where we were- so mine came in handy. just sayin'

dance4ever

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: February 18, 2013, 9:49 AM

the only time the wristlet or clutch gets in the way is at arcades....or that kind of place- you have to keep thinking of where to put it down and if it will be there when you want to pick it up!!!

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: November 21, 2013, 5:06 PM

If you don't want to carry a bag, wear a skirt or sweater with pockets! I know they can be hard to find sometimes but they do exist 🙂

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: November 21, 2013, 10:19 PM

and I have to say, this is one of my favorite things about the winter: COATS HAVE POCKETS!!!!!!! I stick my phone in one pocket and some money in the other, and I'm good to go

malkyg

Dater

Send Message
on: April 1, 2014, 12:35 PM

OMG, girl, DO NOT go out without a phone. You never know when you'll need help or when you'll need to be in touch with someone. I'd never leave home without a phone. It's essential for safety purposes.

I always bring a bag on a date, or even a knapsack, for more casual circumstances. I always bring a water bottle, phone, charger, wallet with cards and money, change for a payphone, tissues, perfume, makeup, aspirin, mints, gum, a sewing kit, and other personal items with me. You never know what can happen. And if I'm wearing fancy shoes or heels, I always bring a pair of flats in my bag, too.

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 3, 2014, 9:06 PM

im sure you all want to hear my input since so many ppl already posted. but be careful to put ur cellphone on silent and it really is on silent. cuz I was on a date and my phone started ringing and he made me pick it up. it was quite comical!:) I think it is very smart to always have ur cell, credit card, cash and id with u just incase. some arcades require an id.

sem613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 3, 2014, 10:05 PM

wow malkyg, how big is that bag you carry?
I make sure my phone is fully charged, and throw that in along a little thing that has my id, some cash, and a debit card, and some tissues, and figure that thats good enough. Its a few hours in civilization, not a hike! 🙂
although I wish i could fit a water bottle in.

blueberry

Dater

Send Message
on: April 4, 2014, 1:08 PM

omg malkyg!!! Is that a joke??? Truth is, it would be handy to have all those things but your so prepared, you're ready to go on a roadtrip or something! I think it has become very accepted to bring a small clutch with some money, id and a phone. I've heard so many stories of girls having to use their phones on dates for reservations or even as a GPS. And you never know when the parking lot that you guys park in won't take credit cards and he doesn't have cash 🙂 it's happened...

OTM

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 4, 2014, 1:09 PM

Talking about putting the phone on silent, I was once on a date and the boy's phone kept beeping. After a few times, the boy apologized and said he was too nervous for the date that he forgot to shut off his phone!!!!! He took it out to shut it off and we continued in peace.

ER

Dater

Send Message
on: April 13, 2014, 2:50 PM

I think it's important to bring a phone, some money etc. You never know when you'll be stuck with a weirdo, and you don't want to be helpless.

And I don't think it's a big deal if I'm checking my phone and I get "caught" when he comes out of the bathroom. I'm pretty much a stickler for not using your phone when you're with someone, but on a date where I was out late, I apologized and let him know I was going to text my parents and let them know we were on the way. Things happen!

sara20

Dater

Send Message
on: September 18, 2014, 8:31 PM

Hi, in my opinion. You SHOULD bring a phone with you. Yes, you may feel awkward at first but just bring a small purse. It's always good to have a credit card, some cash, and a phone on you. You REALLY never know what will happen. I'm not being negative, I am speaking from experienc. You know how everyone speaks of horror dating stories? Well, one happened to me. The guy's car stopped working in the middle of a busy rode. Luckily, he felt something was wrong, and was able to pull over - so we weren't stuck in the middle of the rode... But, on top of that, his phone died on him. Baruch Hashem I had my phone. We had to call a tow truck...it was complicated and it was the craziest "date." So, just take this as a lesson and ALWAYS be prepared. When I first started dating a few years ago, I wasn't sure I wanted to take it, but my parents insisted that I did, and I'm glad I listened. If I didn't have my phone I don't know what we would've done. Now, I know I will Be'ezras Hashem ALWAYS take my phone with me, and make sure that it's charged!

As far as what you said about "getting caught" texting...true there's nothing wrong with texting, but on your DATE? If you're gonna text when you're in the restroom that's one thing, but why in the world would you walk out of the bathroom texting. It's just not right. You're on a date! It's not respectful to him. You have to be a little sensitive to the other's (guy's) feelings. You don't know what he must be thinking, you could put him in an uncomfortable spot, he might feel that you were talking about him...it's very important to think of the other's feelings!!!!!!!!!

getmeadate

Dater

Send Message
on: September 22, 2014, 9:06 PM

Quote from sara20 on September 18, 2014, 8:31 PM
As far as what you said about "getting caught" texting...true there's nothing wrong with texting, but on your DATE? If you're gonna text when you're in the restroom that's one thing, but why in the world would you walk out of the bathroom texting. It's just not right. You're on a date! It's not respectful to him. You have to be a little sensitive to the other's (guy's) feelings. You don't know what he must be thinking, you could put him in an uncomfortable spot, he might feel that you were talking about him...it's very important to think of the other's feelings!!!!!!!!!

Really?! Why does dating have to be so serious? It's not like he's a Rabbi or something! You would text when you are out with your friends wouldn't you? If I get a text when I'm dating I will usually ask him if he minds if I look at it, it just makes the situation so much more relaxed and friendly rather then all official and uptight.

What do you all think? Is it crazy to check a text message on front of your date?

ER

Dater

Send Message
on: September 28, 2014, 10:28 PM

I'm not going to sit at the table texting while he's talking to me...that would be rude.

But if he's in the bathroom and I'm waiting outside for a few minutes, I think it's okay to check my phone. He comes out, I apologize and put it away. I don't see the problem. If my parents are wondering why I'm not answering my phone for the past 3 and a half hours I think it's fine to shoot out a quick text telling them I'm alive.

Just my own personal opinion, everyone is entitled to their own.

daysfan24

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: September 30, 2014, 8:07 PM

I also bring a phone and money. I do have to say, it's different if he went to the bathroom or something and you want to text your friend. But, I personally had a guy looked at his cellphone and called someone while we were on a date ( granted his dad) but, I think putting your cellphone away for a few hours and giving the person your on the date with your utmost attention is so imperative and just plain respectful.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.142 seconds.