Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: meeting parent
Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post meeting parent
on: April 3, 2014, 9:11 PM

I've been debating this topic for a while;
is it necessary for your parents to be home and meet the boy before EVERY date, or is it ok
for ur parents just to meet him before the first date? does it show a lack of interest on your/parents part or is it normal for parents not to????? all advice and opinions are WELCOME!!!!

blueberry

Dater

Send Message
Post Re: meeting parent
on: April 4, 2014, 1:02 PM

I think it's a matter of yours and your parents opinion! My parents are usually both there for the first date, and then second date just my mother opens the door and by third date, I just open it. Even the first date when both my parents are there, they don't talk to the boy for more than like a few seconds- just like a hi how are you and then I come out. Even though I know that traditionally a lot of parents invite the boy in and grill them, I've heard from boys and shadchanim that they boys really hate that and appreciate so much when the parents don't do it. I never heard a boy say that he feels the parents weren't interested because they didn't talk to him. I think if they are there for the first date, that shows enough interest and obviously if it goes further than they will all have a chance to meet for longer.

Esther

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 5, 2014, 9:56 PM

My experience is pretty similar to you Blueberry, except my parents usually make small talk each time. I guess they talk the most the first time, but even then, it's not more than 5 minutes and just shmoozing, definitely not grilling. My parents usually open the door by each date unless it's a day date and my father's not home. Of course if it ever comes up that nobody's around, or I'm going out from out of town, then I just do it myself. Good Luck and I'd love to hear what other people do. Does anyone out there grill the guys? I always wondered, what do they ask them???

Gayil

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 7, 2014, 8:57 PM

ive had an experience where the boy said that my parents hardly spoke to him, he thought they didn't take it seriously. but in my opinion , it was pretty long!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.058 seconds.