Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Segulas and Hashgacha Pratis
Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Segulas and Hashgacha Pratis
on: May 6, 2013, 3:39 PM

Sorry for bringing this up again but I think it's an important topic. If someone sees that a Segula works is that a reason to try it?

Feigy123 wote

Quote from feigy123 on May 1, 2013, 11:20 PM
I donno what the birthday paradox is, but I do know that when moshe was on har sinai, on the 40th day, there was a cloud that looked like his funeral bier. And the chances of that happening by chance are really really slim. And it wasn't by chance; it was the satan.

Pray Today wrote

Quote from pray today on May 2, 2013, 12:13 AM
Well there is a difference between asking for signs and seeing signs!! It's called Hasgacha Pratis!!

iThink

Dating Pro

Send Message
Post Re: Segulas and Hashgacha Pratis
on: May 6, 2013, 4:40 PM

Quote from Bracha613 on May 6, 2013, 3:39 PM
Sorry for bringing this up again but I think it's an important topic. If someone sees that a Segula works is that a reason to try it?

Personally, I'm not big on segulas, so it doesn't really matter if someone claims that they got their yeshua after trying a particular segula. I'm not concerned whether that would be reason to try it, because if I believe in it, I'll try it anyway. If I don't, then I don't care how many pamphlets you throw at me with "personal stories", and I still won't try it.

feigy123

Dating Coach

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 5:10 PM

I don't even understand the question. You're asking what about if we see that it works? Find me one with a study that actually has scientific value and we'll discuss it.

Bracha613

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 9:00 PM

The comments were about the tefila exchange.

TryToDoWha-
tsRight

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: May 6, 2013, 9:29 PM

you're asking about the tefilla exchange? that has a rabbinic source. It's not some stom "modern-day" made-up segula

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.08 seconds.