Forums

Suggest a New Forum Category

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Parshas Emor
Esti

Dating Maven

Send Message
Post Parshas Emor
on: April 26, 2013, 9:38 AM

So I was learning the Parsha with my Chavrusa yesterday. The beginning of the Parsha talks about the laws of a Kohein how he is not aloud to be Tamey Mes (ie. go to a funeral). It then says that there are 7 exceptions Father, Mother, Brother, Son, Daughter and Wife, and an "unmarried" sister. Two questions: What's the difference if she's married or not? Why would a brother only be allowed to go to an unmarried Sister's funeral, when a Sister can go to even an unmarried Brother's funeral? Any ideas?

patcha

Dating Coach

Send Message
Post Re: Parshas Emor
on: April 26, 2013, 10:00 AM

I think because until she is married, she is considered let's say a kohenes if her father is a kohen, but afterwards her primary relationship is with her husband, and she takes his status. So she is no longer as immediate a relative.

I don't know the halachic lingo but am pretty sure that's the idea.

life123

Dating Pro

Send Message
on: April 26, 2013, 10:51 AM

Bnos Kohen are allowed to be tamei lmais

pray today

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: April 26, 2013, 12:51 PM

When a girl gets married she kind of changes who she is (as indicated by her changing her last name). A boy on the other hand doesn't change who he is after he gets married.

bibliophil-
e02

Dating Maven

Send Message
on: December 5, 2013, 3:26 PM

Quote from pray today on April 26, 2013, 12:51 PM
When a girl gets married she kind of changes who she is (as indicated by her changing her last name). A boy on the other hand doesn't change who he is after he gets married.

I am sure you didn't mean it this way, but I have to jump in here. Men and women only "change who they are" after marriage insofar as they grow together, which is to say, the woman doesn't change any more than the man does. There are halachic implications on both sides, which affect the woman more in terms of [/b]status[b] and the man more in terms of [/b]lifestyle[b], but there are implications for both.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3; Page loaded in: 0.058 seconds.